Torch Red #1808

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sounds sick. Your tires will be begging for mercy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
E85 is possible, but not till next season. I still need to do the following if I plan on E85,
1.) 4LB lower
2.) Replace pulley bridge and cam cover with my freshly powder coated ones
3.) Smaller upper pulley

Here is a vid of the final run

Awesome. Car now runs as good as it looks!

MG0h3

Established Member
Holy smokes 21.8 on the 3.5?!?!?

That was good for 17-18 on the gen 2 at sea level. Guessing you’re at sea level?

How much timing?

You won’t need a lower to max your engine out. Just get a 3.0 and you should be there if not over where you want to be. You may very well hit high 23 or even 24 on a 3.25. I run a 2.9 rr upper, stock tensioner, snub and have zero slip.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Little update for 1808.

aea54f3e11c408dfad1877c4481fe83e.jpg

Finally got a complete set of factory seats and didn’t pay an arm or leg for them.

Also, got an appointment with my tint guy to redo my tint but going 25% instead of legal. He’s also replacing the rear passenger window with the glass that’s supposed to be there.

Do I dare say it? I think I’ve competed my build....

Rare40th

Established Member
Awesome! Assuming Dark Charcoal?

You say you're done now.... I give it to winter before you change wheels/blower pulley(s)/Carbon Fiber pieces... etc etc lol @Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome! Assuming Dark Charcoal?

You say you're done now.... I give it to winter before you change wheels/blower pulley(s)/Carbon Fiber pieces... etc etc lol @Dip Dungles

I wish they were dark charcoal but those are unicorns. It’s never truly finished I know that, but I can’t think of anything else I would want to do.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Congrats! Check out my channel. I have videos from intercooler pumps to supercharger swaps, to pulling and tearing down the engine. Some IRS stuff too. Here is a link to the channel

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Since purchasing my new to me Cobra I figured I would create a build thread. Main reason is to help keep track of the progress I've done and also to see how much I have spent on mods.

So without further ado....

9/10/16 - Went to take a look at her. Test drive was sound and all items appeared to be in working order so i decided to put down a deposit. There were a few items that I would want to address over the winter because my OCD wouldn't let me sleep at night.
Pic of her sitting in the OO's driveway
View attachment 14509199-15-16 030 by Dip Dungles, on Flickr
View attachment 14509209-15-16 032 by Dip Dungles, on Flickr

9/17/16 - Took one more test drive then handed OO the agreed amount for purchase. Slapped my plates on her and drove her home. Kept to Rt 2 and 190 so there would less of a chance of dealing with police.
Got to say the shit evil grin I had the entire drive home was worth every penny I paid. Since owning a 94 GT and 96 GT upgrading to the Cobra was a shot back in time while sitting in the seat. Felt pretty nostalgic and was a definite time warp to my late teens/20's. Hell when my wife sat in the passenger seat she said it felt like she was 18 again (met her while I had my 94 GT). All I could think about was "gotcha".

When I got it home I started going over items that I wanted to address and adding a tier level to them. Here is a basic list of the small items that I want to tackle...
1.) Chrome gas cap. OO had to look for original and will be shipping it to me this week..... I sure as hell hope so
2.) That god awful antenna. Already ordered a 14in from LMR
3.) Full exterior detail to get rid of small amount of swirl marks that are present
4.) Full interior detail
5.) Full engine bay detail

Once those items are taken care of I will start with the mod section. Those consist of the following......
1.) LED upgrade for headlights, fogs, interior and reverse lights utilizing Vleds.com
2.) Full fluid swap - Oil change, tranny and rear end all being replaced with most likely Royal Purple
3.) Tint - going with Llumar Ceramic 35% all the way around except the windshield that will be a 5% 6in strip
4.) Intake - Can't tell the brand installed so it's got to go. Replacing with a JLT unit.
5.) CB exhaust - she has Magnaflow's installed and while I love the sound I can't stand how far out the tips are from the bumper. May try to adjust them or simply swap them out for either Borla or Bassani.
6.) Mid pipe - depending on what brand I go with for the CB I will replace the factory mid with a catted X pipe
7.) Headers - those will remain stock due to not wanting to deal with the maintenance headaches surrounding full lengths.
8.) Pulley - not sure which size to upgrade to. I will leave that to my tuner to decide
9.) Tune - after being told to take a look at Pete's Performance up in Loudon I decided to go with them. Hopefully have them install the pulley there as well.
10.) Subframe Connectors - going with MM due to having success with them with my previous Mustang's

Once those basic items are addressed I will start working on the suspension.
1.) Springs - looking for a mild drop that will help stiffen up the feel but won't deter me from being able to drive around New England.
2.) IRS - Can't remember the company off the top of my head but they bring life back to the worn out items
3.) Other items I will look into as time goes on. Probably going with all MM

Brakes
1.) Rebuild the calipers
2.) StopTech pads and rotors
3.) Full brake flush
4.) SS brake lines

After those items are checked off I can start thinking about serious mods down the road.

As off 9/21/16 this is how she sits
View attachment 1450921Face by Dip Dungles, on Flickr
Got to replace the clear benzel. OCD kicks in every time I see this pic
View attachment 1450922ODO by Dip Dungles, on Flickr

With each mod or maintenance item I will be sure to post up progress. Thanks for looking. :rockon:

This is a good one as well to help enjoy the gauges you see every time you drive it

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Got a few items I'm looking to have powder coated to match my valve covers and I've got a question pertaining to two parts. Can I throw just the SCT MAF housing into an oven without having any issues? I've also got a gen 1 JLT catch can on the passenger side, can I get away with throwing that in the oven as well or will I have an issue?
On top of those parts I getting a spare set of alt brackets, timing cover and pulley bridge done. Already can't wait for spring to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread