top speed

rwbronco

Silver 2005 Mustang GT
Established Member
who the hell is going to go over 140...

ok, story time. I had a ricer flyby performed on me by a black singlecab silverado not too long ago. I was like "is this redneck serious?" You have to ask yourself this in mississippi...it happens often. so I did one back to acknowlege him ya know...then i got in the lane over so he could pull up along side me when i slowed down, i noticed he was going to do another flyby or something so at around 60, i drop it into 3rd. It's a pretty mean pull in the new GT from 60 in 3rd, I immediately stuck with the guys back bumper as he flew past me. we steadily climb towards 100mph...the guys is actually pulling away from me. about 120 he stops pulling. about 125 i start crawling his way, 130, 130something i'm not stupid enough to take my eyes off the road at this speed....I managed to catch the guy at a death defying speed of WAY TOO FAST...turns out the truck runs mid 10's on bottle and 11's on motor. I think aerodynamics played a big role in this race...and the fact that i believe it was a 4 speed, and he just ran out of gears :p anway, he was one f-ing fast truck, and that's the fastest I've gotten her up to. I haven't tried it since and I'm more than likely not going to.

Last edited:

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member

I had mine fall off at 150 est. The speedo was just beyond the 145 mark and the car just flat cut out. I was on straight open Hwy with noboby around and I wish I had snapped a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread