top speed so far

svt1111

Established Member
Ask any performance shop if you should run stock rubber valve stems at high speed.
And just because some redneck actually did it and nothing happened doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. :shrug:

Easy there, hot rod! I was just joking that his priority should be looking into a laser jammer to keep from going to jail. :-D

I know when I get the itch to go 150+ mph on public roads the last thing I'm thinking about is valve stems, lol

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
why is ford putting in shity driveshafts is the good ?..knowing even a v6 has 305hp stock and 400hp in a 5.0 gt and boss why would they put in a crappy driveshaft that cant handle over 120mph and 140mph in a gt, hell 200-300hp v6 nissan altima and maximas, v6 honda accord and toyota avalon and camrys hyundais , kia etc all can handle 130-150mph out the box today. I found it pretty pathetic that with 305hp and the top speed governor was like 112-116 in a v6 and 138-140 in a gt, hell my year 5.0 could do 137-140 bone stock, 150 with no governor or gears only.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I've topped out 5th gear in a 3.31 m6 5.0 w/'13 quads. Not sure if I was doing 150 or over, only looked down once or twice when doing some runs with an 392 charger.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Maybe an indicated 150 but I very much doubt that a bone stock 302 sn95 could hit a true 150 MPH.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Maybe an indicated 150 but I very much doubt that a bone stock 302 sn95 could hit a true 150 MPH.

^bone stock they were rated 137-140mph in magazine tests. with 3.55 or 3.73 gear swap only ive seen 150mph out of them.

My with my built 306 h/c/i gps verified 171mph. needle pinned past 150+.

So that was my big ? why would ford put a shity driveshaft that cant handle over 120mph in a stock 305hp v6 car and a shity driveshaft that cant handle over 140mph in a 412-444hp new 5.0 gt and boss 302 car ?

hell a new v6family sedan like I stated toyota camry nissan altima nissan maxima hyundai etc all the 200-300hp family sedans are getting 140-155mph top speed bone stock out of brick sedans? :bash:

Last edited:

mufflerbearing

Established Member
I'm so glad that there are so many drivers going to tracks to try out the top speed of their cars and not the roads where there are innocent drivers and pedestrians roaming about.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Easy there, hot rod! I was just joking that his priority should be looking into a laser jammer to keep from going to jail. :-D

I know when I get the itch to go 150+ mph on public roads the last thing I'm thinking about is valve stems, lol

Most of the times the MAN doesn't wanna even try LOL!

dlarsen

Established Member
At Daytona 157 MPH...........

PBOC157MPH.jpg

goat-ee

Established Member
Well, I hope you guys aren't using stock wheels with the street valve stems. Those suckers will blow off at 150.....you need metal bolt ons.

I've only been around performance cars of about every type for about 40 years, so I probably missed the memo on this rampant problem of valve stems blowing out!?!?! :bs: However, i'm willing to listen to the many documented cases i'm sure you can point to? :bored: Otherwise, i'm calling B.S. by some tire shops selling "Hi-Speed" valve stems!!! :rolleyes:

Jason2757

Established Member
I got her up to 250kph(155.343mph) acording to my speedo then shut her down. I feel there was more in it, but ran out of room. That's clipping along pretty well if you've never gone that fast before!

12C/OBoss

Established Member
nice...but Racerat's 202 is sweeter! J/K I wish more people would post actual time slips for events like this. It's fun to see what different cars runs with different mods...

Highway Star

Established Member
Hi to all. I was trying to get some info from other Boss owners as to the top speed of their rides and I came across this post. Seems there are different numbers for different cars.

I don't race my Boss, however I do go out and play. The fastest I got before my upgrades was 147, however the car was very much still pulling but I realized it was time to exit the freeway as I was going to work.

Today I took her out and got to 170 before I decided I should stop before I crap all over myself. It may not be the fastest it will go, but it is plenty fast jus the same. I only have one more mod to do and that will pretty much be it as I have achieved my goal.

This weekend is the Texas Mile and hope to get some good numbers. In March a 2011 Mustang GT did 180, however it was not stock. It had a Boss 302 motor, CAI, tune, headers and X-pipe.

I have all of that except the headers, however I have much more as well. I junt wanted to add my 2 cents in and even though my latest run was not with a stock Boss, even 150 is bloody fast. Glad I don't do that on a daily basis.

Be safe everyone.

I do not know how you went 170 on 3.73 rear end and an MT82. At 7750 rpm and a 285/40/19 rear wheel, my car tops out at 165. I know this from Dyno testing and doing the Mojave Magnum. At 522 rwhp my car will not pull at all in 6th gear at that speed and actually slows down when you shift from 5th to 6th at at 7500 rpm.

darreng505

Established Member
Not to mention that even if you could get to 170 in a boss with factory tires/wheels and gearing (which you can't), the crawl to it in 6th gear would require like 10 miles (i.e. a long long ways) of asphalt to do it...

BADBOSS

Established Member
Updated! Got to 162 in 6th gear on slight downhill, could have easily pulled 175 but I ran out of courage . yes I have the one piece drive shaft and no innocent humans were put at risk (gotta love northern nevada) :)

Twisted99

Established Member
Did i say go screw urself it was in the 50 degree temp range black key and 120 shot

Updated! Got to 162 in 6th gear on slight downhill, could have easily pulled 175 but I ran out of courage . yes I have the one piece drive shaft and no innocent humans were put at risk (gotta love northern nevada) :)

Calculate that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread