Top Secret info on new Redline tire

Luke@DTD

Established Member
I need your help with this. I came across a website for a new tire being built by Nitto ( very early production stages ). It is a Redline tire like the ones that used to be on the old muscle cars. VERY cool stuff. They have asked for some help selecting the right sizes and if they were priced right, what kind of interest would there be ? The first size they have come up with is 255/45R-18. This is a perfect fitment for an '05-06 Stang -

I really need your help with this. Any/All feedback on this is greatly appreciated. Here is the website, again very early production stages.
Just click on each folder for images.
www.NTRD1.com

Thank you so much for your help. :thumbsup:

Let me know what you think.

Luke
888-459-4080 ext 410
[email protected]

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Wouldn't be bad on a red or black car. They are different looking. I don't think many people would get it though.

Hatchman

Established Member
Definitely a 255/45/18 for the new 05+ stangs, and a 285/40/18 for the rear on a 10" rim. A VERY popular combo is the 18"x9" front / 18"x10" rear deep dish Bullitt rims, and with this tire, they will look very good and retro.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
those will probably sell well with the new retro style cars coming out.
like the 07 camaro's and the 05/06 stangs.

also would look good on show cars, because if your showing your newer car at a show it doesnt get much play next to the old skool muscle cars.
it would be that shuddle reminder that new cars are cool too/ and the new skool muscle.

J

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
They would look good on some red, white, and black cars.
However, Nitto i sorta trapping you. When it comes time for 2 new rear tires again, you'll have to buy the same tires again.

racerbox77

Established Member
I personally wouldnt buy them but I have a 93 Cobra. Very good idea for new Mustang and soon to be Camaro. they should make them in a drag radial too. Back in the late 60s guys used to burn the crap out of those old bias ply red line tires. Hence the reason time slips were so slow for those old muscle cars. People with 60's cars would be interested too Im sure.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looks pretty good on the car. Tell them to make SURE the "red" is red and stays that way. Don't want it going orange.

Users who are viewing this thread