Top gear in America (Crazy ppl from Alabama!!!)

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
That was obviously setup... why would they do that, you ask? Just to make America look bad. Just like when he reviewed the Roush Mustang. He said he really was impressed, then just had to slip a joke about incest into it.

What a ***.

xenon

Established Member
Looked pretty real to me.

I don't doubt a single second. Go ahead and paint the same things on your car and drive thru Alabama and video tape it.

Bet you $1000 the outcome will be the same.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
jec1521 said:
That was obviously setup... why would they do that, you ask? Just to make America look bad. Just like when he reviewed the Roush Mustang. He said he really was impressed, then just had to slip a joke about incest into it.

What a ***.
Well he IS a Brit so his incest fetish shouldn't be a surprise. There're some pretty straight family trees across the pond.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I love that show, and his jokes are dead on. Look at this thread, he makes a couple cracks at america, and you guys eat it up, just like his stereotypes. Good job at proving him wrong. :rolleyes:

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I can understand them bashing American cars because lets face it, the best cars in the world are European, period. When your job is reviewing exotic cars and you drive things like Enzo's, carrera GT's, and Veyron's on a daily basis, then yah, American cars tend to look pretty bad.

However when it comes to them just bashing america in general and doing pranks like this, it's a little ridiculous. People don't watch his show to listen to his God complex, they watch it because he actually is very knowledgable about cars

Kevins89notch

Established Member
grimreefer said:
So you admit to being an incestuous hick who breeds with vegetables? :burnout:

No, but isn't that pretty much the exact stereotype the rest of the country gives the south? Yeah, exactly!!! So its OK for an american to make a joke about the south, but not someone from europe?

You guys sound just like black people who use the N word nonstop, but the second a white person says it, shit hits the roof.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
No, but isn't that pretty much the exact stereotype the rest of the country gives the south?
Just the idiots who haven't a clue.

I like the show too, but Clarkson's "wit" leaves a lot to be desired at times.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
grimreefer said:
Just the idiots who haven't a clue.

BS! Its called a joke. Jeff Foxworthy says it, and its good enough for several CDs, a TV show, etc yet a foreigner says in, and suddenly most people are all, "Oh no he didn't!"

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
BS! Its called a joke. Jeff Foxworthy says it, and its good enough for several CDs, a TV show, etc yet a foreigner says in, and suddenly most people are all, "Oh no he didn't!"
well heres the thing jeremy is a close minded idiot. he compared BHP with WHP for a gt500, compared an old mustang v8 to a new ferrari 360 v8 saying how european v8 sounds better then wont stop saying how badass a ford gt sounds, and this little joke...england have some pretty crappy areas that would makes this look liek nothing. thats why i rather watch tiff and the 5th gear crew:beer:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
J_ho67 said:
I can understand them bashing American cars because lets face it, the best cars in the world are European, period. When your job is reviewing exotic cars and you drive things like Enzo's, carrera GT's, and Veyron's on a daily basis, then yah, American cars tend to look pretty bad.

They are European not british.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
Apples and oranges. Self deprecating humor vs. "witty" insults over and over and over and over...

The first few hundred times it was a little funny, but he seriously needs some new America bashing material or it just looks like some kind of troubled fixation... so your use of "suddenly" is also a bit of a stretch as well.

husker4life

speed demon
Established Member
I love the show.. But he does hate the US...
And way to go Alabama, show just how narrow minded you really are..
If I would have seen something like that role through I would have thought He pissed his girlfriend off and laughed..

BADBOLT02

Established Member
Top Gear is an awesome show, and that was frickin hilarious. You should look for the show they did about the old Toyota pickup, its pretty good.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
rev440 said:
They are European not british.

yeah, no s***. I didn't say they were claiming British cars were the best, they just say American cars suck when comparing them to EUROPEAN cars (except the Ford GT, Clarkson claims it's one of his favorites). Clarkson has alot of knowledge about exotic cars and their performance, which I respect because the reviews are interesting and usually have some good humor in it to go along, but I could care less about his opinion of America as a country or the people here, as I'm sure a strong majority of people feel the same.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
BADBOLT02 said:
Top Gear is an awesome show, and that was frickin hilarious. You should look for the show they did about the old Toyota pickup, its pretty good.
haha i just remember that episode...it's crazy how durable that thing is

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Is he envoius the colonies are the world's greatest power and Britian is a US lacky?

sixt5

Established Member
anyone see the vid he done on the Lightning? bashed it big time. he tried to use it as a truck, which didnt really work too well.

toyota pickup is one of the best episodes!

Users who are viewing this thread