Tool to get off the grill pony

DaveSVT03

Established Member
I just got my new Cobra grill emblem. Where can I get the bit to take the old pony off? I thought it was a Torx bit, but it has a little post in the middle of the indention. What is this screw head called and what size is it?

Thanks for any help.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I don't know the name or size of it. I walked into Checkers and found a set of them. Half had the solid middle and half had the hole. Thank god the size with the hole was what I needed. Sorry i can't help you anymore than that.
Where abouts in SC are you from? I was born and rasied in Sumter. Go TIGERS!

lifter213

Established Member
Its some tamper proof torx tool. I ended up having to buy a pack of 5 different sizes. Just needed the one size put it was in a pack of 5. :mj: Got mine at Sears if that helps.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
It called a security torx head, you can buy them at most tool/hardware stores. They have a hole in the tip to allow for the little bump that is on the screw.

mosconiac

Established Member
T-25 security-Torx, Autozone, $3

Probably could have found it cheaper, but I didn't waste my time for $3.

larryc7777

Established Member
If you don't mind messing up the screws, you can use a SMALL flat blade screwdriver. Just wedge it into the screw & start turning. I removed my grill emblem this way but the screw head was toast afterwards.:( Oh well, that's why God created hardware stores & stocked them with Stainless Steel screws.;-)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Go to Bennett Auto Supply and buy the set for like $9.00 . Go outside to your car do the install and then go back in to the store and return it. That is how us jews like to do things. The inexspensive way!!! LOL Im a jew myself so please no flame. Just making a joke.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Thanks!

This is a great board! Thanks for all the useful suggestions. Based on the info you guys gave me, I bought a tamper resistant torx t-25 from sears and I already have my Snake on!

I wish my Snake were bigger though ;-)

Anyone know if there is an larger grill emblem than the one that is exactly the same as the side fender emblems?

larryc7777

Established Member
I have the same problem. I wish my snake were bigger too.:lol: My wife tells me that all the time.:-D

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by black03
Go to Bennett Auto Supply and buy the set for like $9.00 . Go outside to your car do the install and then go back in to the store and return it. That is how us jews like to do things. The inexspensive way!!! LOL Im a jew myself so please no flame. Just making a joke.

:lol: That was a good one...

Users who are viewing this thread