Took the Shelby for a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday

mcate

Established Member
20150520_163623_resized_1.jpg

mcate

Established Member
Very light sprinkling. Pavement never got wet, so the car is still clean.I wanted to get on it, but there were cops stationed at regular intervals. Too much traffic too.

Coiled03

Established Member
Nice. I'll be there Sunday for the race. Sure hope the weather is better than what they're predicting.

jconnor3

Established Member
That's awesome! I'd love to lap it a few times. I'll be out there Sunday, hoping the weather is better too!

How did you get to drive out there? Guessing some sort of free fun anyone could participate in but had to keep it under a certain mph maybe??

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
I did a lap on my motorcycle for MotoGP a couple of years ago. I was able to sneak in 120 mph on the straight and scrape my toes on a few turns (I hung back in the group and goosed it, no cops around).

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'm sure the experience was nice, doesn't sound like much fun if you couldn't really test the Shelby out for a couple laps.

Blown38

Established Member
The Marauder group did some laps around Indy. Most boring 2 parade laps ever. They only let us go 25mph.

mcate

Established Member
Cops stationed at regular intervals around the track. No posted speed limit, & I didn't sign anything about speed. Don't know what they would've ticketed me for. Speeding on a race track??? It was really cool, even though I couldn't get on it.
I'll be there Sunday too. Been going for years.

Users who are viewing this thread