Took the plunge

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Well went down monday and ordered a new premium stang gt. Screamin yellow with dark Charcoal leather, IUP, 5 spd and the polished bullit wheels. Cant wait to get the thing, but I know it will be awhile. Any suggestions on what exhaust to go with?

SatinGreenGT

Established Member
05 Exhaust parts prices are ridiculously expensive.

I went with Pypes off-road H and Flowmasters American Thunder axleback. Awesome sound for under 500$. If you got the money, get some Longtubes, JBA off-road H, and Bassani axleback.

Get a CAI & Tune first though, WORLDS difference on the feel of the car.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
if you don't want to wait a while, I have one of those sitting on my lot right now! PM me if interested.

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
I went with Stainless Works full exhaust. It came out to about $2,000 but like others have pointed out... the new mustang parts are expensive. It comes with 1 5/8" full length headers, into an off-road x-pipe (cats avail too), into their own muffler that I would swear sounds just like a Flowmaster 40-series. The pipes are 3" into a 3.5" to 4" Tip depending on what you would like. You want to talk about loud!? This system dominates over Bassani, Magnaflow, and so many more... It is loud as hell but it doesn't have a tuned sound like some companies do. It's just balls-to-the-wall loud. Kind of like Nascar

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Red turtle thanks for the offer but i dont mind waiting. As far as exhaust i am probally not gonna get to rediculous cause my fiancee is gonna be driving it more than me while i am on the east coast working. i was thinking about the flowmaster axle back system to start. Then down the road go with an X pipe and a pair of high flow cats. What would you guys recomend as far as a CAI. Saw a setup on stangnet that was a ram air setup that said no tune was needed.

Motorhead6T5

Established Member
02JoeGhost said:
Red turtle thanks for the offer but i dont mind waiting. As far as exhaust i am probally not gonna get to rediculous cause my fiancee is gonna be driving it more than me while i am on the east coast working. i was thinking about the flowmaster axle back system to start. Then down the road go with an X pipe and a pair of high flow cats. What would you guys recomend as far as a CAI. Saw a setup on stangnet that was a ram air setup that said no tune was needed.
Get a tuner,that should be your first performance mod. Even if you get a CAI that doesn't need a tune,you will still have the throttle lag,torque managment,and all the other crappy throttle by wire stuff. If you can't afford a intake + tuner,just get the tuner. I don't even have a cAI on my car yet,and I think I'm putting down decent numbers.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Thanks for the advice. Looks like I am gonna end up getting a tuner as soon as the stang gets here. would you go with diablo or SCT?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
sct.

Put on a JLTII/XCAL2 combo tuned by brenspeed and the car went from 98mph in the 1/4 to 102.5mph. Same track conditions 2 weeks apart. Makes the car so much more fun to drive, and not to mention gets rid of that dreaded electronic throttle lag.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
02JoeGhost said:
didnt knwo about the throttle lag. Have driven a couple and they seemed like they had plenty of throttle response.

Not really lag, but definately not like a throttle cable. Next time you are in an 05-06, blip the throttle and you will see that it does not react instantaniously like a cable. This is in stock form of course.

Users who are viewing this thread