Took the car to the track. (pics inside)

MattP 343

Established Member
Sorry if this is stupid, but it just doesnt make sense when a car has a setup running slow and other cars run faster on street wheels.

Did you really just say that because other cars can run faster times on street wheels that he shouldn't run a make-shift slicks/skinny setup??? :dw:

Your logic makes 'not none sense.' Thats like saying since other cars run faster times than you on Full Weight then you shouldn't try for weight reduction...I really think I must be missing something here...And Obviously the combo worked as he dropped half a second on his E/T

Not to highjack his thread but my 06 Auto run 13.00s with a CAI and a tune.

SaleenvsMy06.jpg

:banana:
images

Last edited:

=fast=

Established Member
My car went 13.9 with stock tires on and a 2.0 60' thats why i decide to run it with the mt on the back and since my friend was there we decide to put on my spare and hes spare on the car since it was 90 degrees outside and 89 hummid. I saw some s197 out there that night and they all where running like half a second more, but i let you know how much it drop when i take back to run it on a fresh day not to hot day.

Last edited:

kennyxg

It must have been in cold weather,mine has gone a 13.10 at 106 but that was with the race tune .When I ran that night I had the street tune in it .Not making excuses though, run what you brung. My car has tune cai and 331 gears through the cats 2.00 60ft when it ran the 13.10. Nice run and nice time!.
Not to highjack his thread but my 06 Auto run 13.00s with a CAI and a tune.

SaleenvsMy06.jpg

351inside

Established Member
People dont get that it was hot as hell that night, and it was super humid... His car is a 12 second car for sure. That wasnt a good day to run, I only got a 14 flat out my bone stock with 331 gears, im a pretty decent driver and I know it was just cause of the weather. I did feel better when i spoke to some of the other mustang owners that had some s197s with mods including one bullit, that were running 14.3's and slower.

=fast=

Established Member
So you are running the spare rim with aftermarket tires? Thats what I am planning on doing but someone told me not to do it.

Yea i got the gt stocks 18' and those spares and the 98 cobra rims with the mt drop me like 90lb.

Users who are viewing this thread