Took the Car to the Dyno.......

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Well been sending some data back and forth to Rick @ Amazon (well only once) and decided to take the car to the dyno to get some proper data. Took the car to a local shop that has done some work on the car.

I am a little disappointed/surprized by the numbers.....while it lacked Horse Power it shined in the Torque. I was hoping to hit 500/500 ended up with 483/558. I did not think it would make only 480 hp and definately did not think it would make close to 560 torque.

Here is the graph. Going to send the data to Rick for one final tune and then switch to E85 and get a little more aggressive. Tune is a tad rich in the end and is at 22 deg. Intake temp only read 108 deg by the end of the pull.

dynograph22deg.jpg

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Yeah the shop said I need fuel on the low end. It actually is not as lean on my wide band as it is reading at the tail pipe.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the shop said I need fuel on the low end. It actually is not as lean on my wide band as it is reading at the tail pipe.

I wonder which one is more accurate? What wb? Damn nice tq though!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
My wideband I am sure...it is in the "front line"of the exhaust air. Car will hit low 11's on my gague now before it crept to 11.8 it was much leaner. But I went through that before when my fuel line split that is why I have a ported blower intead of posting a dyno graph with my old turbo set up.

The wide band is a wego III but I have another one tapped into it cause it looks better. Yeah the torque is pretty insane they had to let out of the first pull cause the car was slid on the rollers. It surprized us that it was so high. He showed me graph of a Cobra he tuned on E85 it made 545/548.

I am pretty sure I can squeeze out some numbers closer to 500, with a revised tune. What i like is the numbers is it is like a third party test.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Linn will do I should be getting the log from the shop sometime today. They were having internet issues yesterday. You all have been great to deal with.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick gets over a 100 emails a day so if you dont get a response back from him please contact me directly..he works on the emails daily but sometimes they go into his spam folder and he does get them..we never have a backlog of more than 48 hours so if you dont get a respose ..we didnt get your email..

always put your name in the subject line

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The Air/Fuel actually does not look that bad at all, especially since it's being read by a tail pipe sniffer. There's a number of tuners that tip in their fuel in this manner, and although the scaling on the readout is very narrow, it appears that you are below 12:1 throughout the high rpm range of the pull.

That is indeed some very high torque values for an Eaton car on a Dynojet. Nice.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
The Air/Fuel actually does not look that bad at all, especially since it's being read by a tail pipe sniffer. There's a number of tuners that tip in their fuel in this manner, and although the scaling on the readout is very narrow, it appears that you are below 12:1 throughout the high rpm range of the pull.

That is indeed some very high torque values for an Eaton car on a Dynojet. Nice.

Yeah the read out on my gauge hits mid 11's fairly quickly and will drop the higher the rpm it gets. For the minimal info I was able to give from the baseline tune to this one the car is running great. I am also a bit surprised on the torque as well and so was the the dyno operator. Will get one more revised tune and then switch to E85.

Our elevation sucks up here so the actual power is about 80-90 less in each category. I would like to get pretty aggressive with the E85 and see what it would do. I am eager to see what the torque will do with higher timing. Cause it was a good day to get numbers with the temp and humidity.

Do dyno jet usually read lower torque values? I am not sure if this one was loaded or not, just called them up to see if they could squeeze me in for a pull.

Yeah I remember the last time I waited on the A/F to drop below a 12.0......I had a fuel line split in the top of third and left a cloud of white smoke at the track.....year before that blew the clutch. So I am a little paranoid about the A/f these days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread