Took the car to the dealer. Please help

04silversnake

Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
Please let me know what you find out about the clock. Mine is doing the same thing?????
I will let you know. I read a lot of members with this same issue. Even if they replace the unit, I think the problem will be there. It is just too frequent.

Last edited:

trendkilllx

Established Member
I had some difficulty shifting in all gears, they replaced pressureplate, flywheel, clutch and TOB and shifts fine now, all gears. Did have an old 70 mustang with a 4 speed toploader and did help to shift into first before reverse for that tranny.

04silversnake

Established Member
Update,
They fixed the squeaking noise when turning steering wheel.
They ordered a new radio, to be installed.
The hard shifting in reverse, they said the tech did not found a problem. When I have more time will ask to have the tech sit in the car with me so I can show him.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I spoke with my service manager last week (very good).

There have been instances in which the pedal nut actually loosens, allowing the pedal to create slop on the splines. The splines are soft, thus skipping/rounding, allowing the pedal to drop, thus not getting full clutch engagement. He said that the clutch would get 'soft' after you stabbed the pedal.

Something you might want to check into, as well as making sure its adjusted correctly.

On reverse, is it hard to force over to the right, or is it hard going into the gate? If its just hard to get over there, the lockout switch may be to blame, but if its actually hard going into the gear itself, (foward motion) then you have another issue.

Good luck.

04silversnake

Established Member
mblgjr said:
I spoke with my service manager last week (very good).

There have been instances in which the pedal nut actually loosens, allowing the pedal to create slop on the splines. The splines are soft, thus skipping/rounding, allowing the pedal to drop, thus not getting full clutch engagement. He said that the clutch would get 'soft' after you stabbed the pedal.

Something you might want to check into, as well as making sure its adjusted correctly.

On reverse, is it hard to force over to the right, or is it hard going into the gate? If its just hard to get over there, the lockout switch may be to blame, but if its actually hard going into the gear itself, (foward motion) then you have another issue.

Good luck.

OK, I will try to give more details.
When it is in neutral and I first try to go in reverse, it has like a 2 second delay, it will not just go in it right away. If I depress the clutch, wait 2 seconds, and try to put it in reverse it will go in without difficulty. Also, if I try to put it in different gears while leaving the clutch pressed in, it will go to reverse very eazy. Is this OK or you think I have something damaged?
Also, I hear like a bearing rotating, very low when the clutch is out, and when I depress the clutch the noise goes away. This is very low noise. I dont know if this is a sign of the TOB going bad or is just normal.

04silversnake

Established Member
Update regarding the radio.
They replaced the radio, and its been about 3 weeks. Today, I verified the time on the clock and so far it is correct. Something i looked at before the installation was the built date on both radios, it is engraved on the metal frame of the radio. The existing one was 03 and the new one was 04. Dont know for sure if the newer ones work any better (clock), but looks like it has been fix. The installer told me that it is a common problem for most mustang radios. Hope this help.
Franck

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
My clock gains time (about 5 minutes every 2-3 weeks) It's been sent out to be repaired but it still does it. I gave up since I'm out of warranty but my wifes radio clock in her 03 keeps perfect time.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
04silversnake said:
OK, I will try to give more details.
When it is in neutral and I first try to go in reverse, it has like a 2 second delay, it will not just go in it right away. If I depress the clutch, wait 2 seconds, and try to put it in reverse it will go in without difficulty. Also, if I try to put it in different gears while leaving the clutch pressed in, it will go to reverse very eazy. Is this OK or you think I have something damaged?
Also, I hear like a bearing rotating, very low when the clutch is out, and when I depress the clutch the noise goes away. This is very low noise. I dont know if this is a sign of the TOB going bad or is just normal.

Sounds like the TOB is going slowly and the clutch isn't releasing fully (maybe?).

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread