Took Out an Evo

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member
I was driving on the freeway in my 01 Cobra and I see this blue light in my rear view mirror, so I knew it must be a rice rocket. As he got closer I saw that it was an Evo. He pulled up next to me and we both floored it up to about 110 until traffic ended the race. I pulled on him pretty good so I'm guessing it was mostly stock. I did, however, hear the blow off valve very clearly. I don't know much about Evos, or any other import for that matter, but I'd say that this was a pretty good kill.
My list of kills is not terribly impressive so this was kind of cool for me.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I wouldnt consider Evo's rice at all. They can hang with the best of the V8 powered big boys. Definitely a good kill for your Cobra and it was most likely stock or very close to it. They can be nasty with boltons and some added boost.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I was driving on the freeway in my 01 Cobra and I see this blue light in my rear view mirror, so I knew it must be a rice rocket. As he got closer I saw that it was an Evo. He pulled up next to me and we both floored it up to about 110 until traffic ended the race. I pulled on him pretty good so I'm guessing it was mostly stock. I did, however, hear the blow off valve very clearly. I don't know much about Evos, or any other import for that matter, but I'd say that this was a pretty good kill.
My list of kills is not terribly impressive so this was kind of cool for me.

Modded they can be monsters.....but stock or near stock they are weaksauce. Good kill. :beer:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Evo is rice?

A Bolt on IX and your going to need a supercharger to keep up.

My bolt on 9 trapped 115-116mph on 93 Octane, 23psi and No Meth.

EVO is rice Pffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

And yes I do own a Mach and it is going to take a blower to make it as fast as my EVO was.

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member
I consider Evos rice. Being fast does not mean that it is not rice. That's why they are called rice rockets. Any car with a tiny 4 banger all hopped up on turbos with an ugly ass body kit is the definition of a rice rocket. But yes, with mods they are damn fast.

02SVTV6

Established Member
i killed my 1st evo last nite...all the bolt ons with cams i gave him a car plus the hit and reeled him in...01 True Blue cobra here too...good kill

Users who are viewing this thread