Took out a Z06 and a WS6

wti01bullitt

Established Member
Last night I had a run in with a Z06 on the freeway. I was cruising down the freeway last night after leaving a car show when I had a yellow Z06 come up next to me. It was extremely loud so I'm guessing he had exhaust on it. We slowed down to about 60 mph and he gave me the nod. He started to honk and on the third honk he jumped the gun alittle and pulled out by about a car length. By then I started to pull hard on him and quickly made up ground. I pulled ahead by about a fender when I shifted to fourth. After that I just kept pulling away, when I let off I was ahead by a good 7 car lengths.
Then after cruising for awhile I ran into a black WS6. He came flying up on me and started hitting it and the letting off. He was running some ET Streets on Weld Prostars. The car looked sick. Everytime we would come to a light someone would be in front of one of us so we never got to go from a dead stop. We went twice from about a 30 mph roll and both times I pulled away pretty easily, pulling 3-4 cars on him by the top 3rd gear. I'm thinking his car didn't have a lot done to it since it didn't really pull hard at all. Either way it was still fun to let the bullitt stretch its legs. :banana:

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
7 cars lengths on a top end car like Z06 is very impressive. At what speed did you shut it down?

What are your dyno and track numbers?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
03EBZ06 said:
7 cars lengths on a top end car like Z06 is very impressive. At what speed did you shut it down?

What are your dyno and track numbers?
My best (03 Cobra) was about 2 cars on a Z-06 at 158 when we shut down, he had his girlie in the front seat so we evened out weight wise. I have no rear seat and Corbreau CR-1s up front. I was pushing 460rwhp at the time, probably an 02-03 car.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
DaleM said:
My best (03 Cobra) was about 2 cars on a Z-06 at 158 when we shut down, he had his girlie in the front seat so we evened out weight wise. I have no rear seat and Corbreau CR-1s up front. I was pushing 460rwhp at the time, probably an 02-03 car.

Are you and wti01bullitt same person? Not trying to be smartass anything just bit confused since you responded for him. :??:

s98mustang

Established Member
DaleM said:

Not that it matters but unless his gf wieghed quite a bit it doesn't really even up the wieght difference much. Not taking away your kill as with 460rwhp you should take out a stock or lightly moded zo6.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
wti01bullitt said:
Last night I had a run in with a Z06 on the freeway. I was cruising down the freeway last night after leaving a car show when I had a yellow Z06 come up next to me. It was extremely loud so I'm guessing he had exhaust on it. We slowed down to about 60 mph and he gave me the nod. He started to honk and on the third honk he jumped the gun alittle and pulled out by about a car length. By then I started to pull hard on him and quickly made up ground. I pulled ahead by about a fender when I shifted to fourth. After that I just kept pulling away, when I let off I was ahead by a good 7 car lengths.
Then after cruising for awhile I ran into a black WS6. He came flying up on me and started hitting it and the letting off. He was running some ET Streets on Weld Prostars. The car looked sick. Everytime we would come to a light someone would be in front of one of us so we never got to go from a dead stop. We went twice from about a 30 mph roll and both times I pulled away pretty easily, pulling 3-4 cars on him by the top 3rd gear. I'm thinking his car didn't have a lot done to it since it didn't really pull hard at all. Either way it was still fun to let the bullitt stretch its legs. :banana:

Picked up 6.5 carlength in 4th gear on a z06?? I'm not calling BS cause I dont know what you have... but damn you must be running low 11's

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
czwalga00gt said:
Picked up 6.5 carlength in 4th gear on a z06?? I'm not calling BS cause I dont know what you have... but damn you must be running low 11's

All that I know is that his Bullitt has a built motor with cams and a blower :coolman:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I say his bullit would be a good 10sec car when driven appropriatly. Built motor, cams, and blower = nasty

primetime

Established Member
wti01bullitt said:

7 car lengths on a Z06? Mods,dyno #'s, gears, and track times please? thanks Ron

wti01bullitt

Established Member
No track times as of yet. As stated, my mods include built motor, blower cams, Novi 2000 with intercooler. Also have longtubes and full exhaust. I was doing somewhere around 130-135 when I lifted. I don't know if he had lifted before that or not, if he did then that would help to explain the huge gap. I do know that on the top end he would have probably pulled closer since I don't have the best top end considering the 4.10 gears I have. As for dyno numbers I have yet to get a dyno run in where my belt has not been slipping so I also have a very conservative tune due to that and also due to the heat here in Phoenix. I've made 447 rwhp at 10psi with no timing on a 98 degree day. I did hit 14 psi during the run with the Z06 and was running 101 octane that night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread