Took out a SRT-10 Ram with my little 96

89armygt

Established Member
On my way home from work last night it took on a SRT-10 Ram. The 2 door single cab one. Dude jump on it as we made a right onto a multi lane road. I was behind him and got on it. After I grabbed 3rd I started reeling him in and pulled out in front. My car isnt anything special. 96 cobra with Bassani X, mgw short throw, K&N air filter. What do you guys think?

richardekirby

Established Member
Good kill. Even with very few mods, a Cobra should not have a problem with an SRT-10. I have run a few quad cabs around here in my L and have handled them easily. I was going to run a single cab at a local track, but he blew up his truck in a burnout contest before we got a chance to race.:bash: Again, good kill.:burnout:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good kill. Soo much for the 500HP Viper Engine :lol1:. Never raced one personally, would love to see race one though. Dont know why but I always thought they would be a good match :shrug:

mustangbee

Established Member
yeah, they arent that fast at all for 500hp. i saw a vid of a trailblazer ss handing one its ass with a couple bolt ons

89armygt

Established Member
Thanks guys. I wasnt sure if my damn near stock, slowest of all the cobras, car would be able to take it. But I was happy.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
ooo.. this makes it VERY tempting to stir up some crap with someone I know that has a slightly modded SRT10. He has intake, exhaust, but dont think its tuned. Good kill!

I think I did race an SRT10 on the way home from FL a while ago. It was a quad cab with the panels and badges. I started questioning if it really was since I tore him up from a 60 roll. It wasn't fast but it was nice! It was painted a pearl white with the viper blue stripes.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Wow that surorises me. I always thought those things were pretty fast. So I guess that means that I could kill the one at my college. Good to know haha

WikedCobra

Established Member
I had one try to race me on the freeway. It was a quad cab and I was in my Whipple Cobra. I didn't want to race because I knew what the outcome would be. However, the guy just wouldn't give up. He kept revving his engine and jumping the truck next to me. I finally signaled that I was ready. I let him get the jump...actually I let him get a couple of truck lengths ahead before I blew past him. The look on his face was priceless.

I know the SRT10s are fast for a truck, but they don't stand a chance against most Cobras, especially a Whipple Terminator.

burnzilla

Established Member
Good kill. Soo much for the 500HP Viper Engine
Yeah, put that Viper engine in something that isn't shaped like a brink and weighs 3 tons and lets see what happens.
I believe Dodge also makes a car named after a snake that moves out good. :D

If the Cobra is stock the SRT10 can stay with it from a dig/slow roll.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
ooo.. this makes it VERY tempting to stir up some crap with someone I know that has a slightly modded SRT10. He has intake, exhaust, but dont think its tuned. Good kill!

I think I did race an SRT10 on the way home from FL a while ago. It was a quad cab with the panels and badges. I started questioning if it really was since I tore him up from a 60 roll. It wasn't fast but it was nice! It was painted a pearl white with the viper blue stripes.

I dont think that was a ram srt-10. The commemorative edition ones (white with blue strips, 200 made) only came as a regular cab.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Yeah, put that Viper engine in something that isn't shaped like a brink and weighs 3 tons and lets see that happens.
I believe Dodge also makes a car named after a snake that moves out good. :D

If the Cobra is stock the SRT10 can stay with it from a dig/slow roll.

Hmm, gee, maybe there is a reason why they call it the "Viper" (you know the light car that Dodge makes, the reason for the name of the engine) engine .:lol1: :nonono: The lightning has 120 less hp and 100 less tq but runs really close to it. The weight is different, 430lbs difference between the both of them but the SRT-10 is a 6 speed manual while the Lighting is only a 4 speed auto. Im more impressed with the Jeep Cherokee SRT-8. :rockon: If only MPG was better :rollseyes

Last edited:

89armygt

Established Member
Thanks guys. I was just happy to be able to beat something you know. I know she aint the fastest but she sure does sound good. May need to step up to a D1 here in the near future after I rebuild the motor.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I'm not trying to be "That guy". anything can happen on the street, but this don't sound right to me. Stock they are capable of a 13.4 at 107+mph. They are killer from a roll, and from the race you decribed, it sounds like he let off way early. I'm really not trying to be That guy at all. You said your self, a close to stock 96 Cobra. No way are you going to hang with a SRT-10 Ram 2 door.

Anything can happen on the street. So good kill, but you beat the driver if anything, not the vehical.

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
I dont think that was a ram srt-10. The commemorative edition ones (white with blue strips, 200 made) only came as a regular cab.

srt_commemorative.jpg

Limited-edition models of the 2005 Dodge Viper SRT10, 2005 Dodge SRT4 and 2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 will feature distinctive paint schemes of blue “dual-fang” racing stripes over a white body color. Every SRT Commemorative Edition vehicle will include unique interior features, a numbered plaque and a special limited-edition SRT book.

89armygt

Established Member
I'm not trying to be "That guy". anything can happen on the street, but this don't sound right to me. Stock they are capable of a 13.4 at 107+mph. They are killer from a roll, and from the race you decribed, it sounds like he let off way early. I'm really not trying to be That guy at all. You said your self, a close to stock 96 Cobra. No way are you going to hang with a SRT-10 Ram 2 door.

Anything can happen on the street. So good kill, but you beat the driver if anything, not the vehical.

Its all good man. Its not like a raped the guy or anything. It was like a really slow pass. Ill take it as a compliment that I have the driver mod then. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread