Took my bike to the drag strip

11sec Guy

Established Member
Sold my car a few months ago and have been riding more and more..took my bmw s1000rr to the local track to get some passes in. Makes having a 600hp car feel slow now, i feel like i had decent times.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty good. Love those bikes.

Almost looks like you'd be able to cross the traps in 4th instead of shifting to 5th...

11sec Guy

Established Member
Pretty good. Love those bikes.

Almost looks like you'd be able to cross the traps in 4th instead of shifting to 5th...

Yeah I did some runs holding in 4th and only trapped 148, I get a little more hitting 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11sec Guy

Established Member
Cool. What car did you sell?

My 86 GT .. looking to upgrade to something somewhat newer next season, possibly 03-04 terminator. My brother just got a 17 z06 and I want one so bad .. but way outta my budget

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Thats a ****ing sexy bike. I've been on the hunt for a Blue Fire S1000RR. Only made in 2012!
Too bad I want to get forgelines for my viper first. LOL

More pics of the bike please!!! How many miles so far? Maintenance? Has the bike been reliable? Very interested to know, I will prob pull the trigger on one next year.

Last edited:

11sec Guy

Established Member
Thats a ****ing sexy bike. I've been on the hunt for a Blue Fire S1000RR. Only made in 2012!
Too bad I want to get forgelines for my viper first. LOL

More pics of the bike please!!! How many miles so far? Maintenance? Has the bike been reliable? Very interested to know, I will prob pull the trigger on one next year.

The bike has been nothing but amazing, just regular maintenance like any other bike. I’ve owned a lot of bikes and this one is the best one I’ve had so far. Just tuned over 10k miles on it.
257c305e2a90670633f4dee981ebfd6c.jpg

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I am about 6ft maybe a little over, and I keep the wheelie control off. It only slows the bike down.

I assume you have it lowered for the strip then? You kept that front end down good for having the assists off.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesomeness!!
Air shifted?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If by "air shifted" you mean.... keeping light pressure on the shifter and doing a lightning quick bleep of the throttle so that you upshift into the next gear, then yeah.... he probably "air shifted" it...

11sec Guy

Established Member
If by "air shifted" you mean.... keeping light pressure on the shifter and doing a lightning quick bleep of the throttle so that you upshift into the next gear, then yeah.... he probably "air shifted" it...

It’s not a air shifter, it’s the factory quickshifter. It cuts the ignition for a split second to shift, I keep the throttle wide open without touching the clutch . You can hear it making a pop noise in this video every shift

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The bike has been nothing but amazing, just regular maintenance like any other bike. I’ve owned a lot of bikes and this one is the best one I’ve had so far. Just tuned over 10k miles on it. View attachment 1440645

Its the only bike I want. I used to want a MV Agusta F4, but not sure about reliability and maintenance.

What are your plans for the bike? I know track guys get carbon fiber wheels. Theres a video of Darius (darius 240z), lapping the entire field at sonoma raceway in his S1000RR, has CF wheels too.

Users who are viewing this thread