Took my 14GT out last night and........

Jons5.0

Established Member
Finally did a few wide open runs, once against a Buell bike and I got that one by a car length. Next was 3v GT not sure of mods other than manual and supercharged and I managed to walk away from it a few times before he let off.
My car is bone stock just over 1000 miles on her and she feels strong. I have mt82 and 3.31 rear sitting on staggered AMR 20's.

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
Finally did a few wide open runs, once against a Buell bike and I got that one by a car length. Next was 3v GT not sure of mods other than manual and supercharged and I managed to walk away from it a few times before he let off.
My car is bone stock just over 1000 miles on her and she feels strong. I have mt82 and 3.31 rear sitting on staggered AMR 20's.

Nice! I have a buddy with an '02 Kenne Bell 2v. I'm still surprised that my 2013 5.0 pulls him, i'm stock with the MT82 & 3.73's. I'm door to door with him in the first few gears, maybe pull a few feet on him, but I think he has 4.10's or 4.30's or something, because he shifts to overdrive after like 120 mph and it's over at that point, I still have like 1,500 rpm to go in 5th gear and I put 1-2 cars on him every time.

His car must be putting down around 400 to the wheels but those five speeds are a serious drawback compared to the MT82.

Jons5.0

Established Member
I agree the 5spd must be a disadvantage because i estimated him to be in 400rwhp range. That 3v did run strong and I would not have even gave the opportunity to race if I didn't hear the roots blower when he tried to taunt me. Long story short my car got sideways from 2 to 3 with 285's out back given it was around 50f for the Nittos.

Jons5.0

Established Member
Btw I am ecstatic to report thus far my Coyote did not drink any oil and will be in the foreseeable future mated to a JPC single kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread