Took me an 1Hr to start 90 5.0... Why?

robs1280

Cruiser-Head
Established Member
Lately my 5 oh has had some problems starting...Everything works perfectly, except for when I try to start it after I have driving it and it sits for awhile..It usually has done this, but it has started after a couple attempts, but not toady.... Engine cranks well, there is spark, but the engine hella smells like gas/fuel...It almost seems like the engine is getting flooded...but the car is obviuosly fuel injected, no carb ( so it shouldn't flood) :shrug: .......I dont know... I was thinking that it might be the fuel pump, i believe i have felt the car a little sluggish out on the road when pressing on the gas peda tool....Today like title says, it took me about an hour to start it... I even killed the battery from cranking the engine over so many times... My cousins busted out there jumper cables and finally after a long ass hour, I felt as if the engine was finally going to start, but still nothing.. Again, this time I gave it a lil gas and bam, finally the stang started and stayed on...Although starting from a complete stop such as stop lights, the stang seemed a little hesatiant....What could be the problem? You guys think it is the fuel pump? Any input.......If it is the fuel pump, it is located in the fuel tank right? Does that mean that you have to drop the tank in order to get to the pump?

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Try putting the petal to the floor when you start your car. IIRC it shuts the injectors off when your starting which would be able to help you diagnose whether it's flooding or not.

Users who are viewing this thread