Took down Zl1

2 cam sam

Established Member
Cruising to the hot rod shop to get some new valve stems and as I pulled out a wicked looking Black Camaro pulled on by. So I followed him and noticed the Zl1 badge on the back of the car. He pulled over into the right lane and slowed down and smiled at me, so I threw the car into second and let him take the hit. We ran till the top of second and he dropped back to my 1/4 panel.
At the stop light he said my car sounded awesome and asked if we could run again so he could turn his ac off. So when the light turned green I eased into the throttle and I pulled off easily. I slowed down so he could catch up and gave him the thumbs up and he went on his way.
The car sounded like it had a catback exhaust on it other than that its hard to hear anybody's ride over my Cobra.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
So this was in the Cobra and not the Mach?

Good kill if it was the Cobra, BS if it was the Mach.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
So a 5.0/Boss can hang with a ZL1, but a cammed (plus I'm assuming other mods) Mach 1 can't. Ok

Honestly....nevermind, dont want to turn this into a 10+ page pissing match.

Didn't notice in the last line the OP says he was in his 600rwhp Cobra.

Good Kill OP:rockon:

2 cam sam

Established Member
So this was in the Cobra and not the Mach?

Good kill if it was the Cobra, BS if it was the Mach.

It was in the cobra . The Mach could probably hang in there pretty good to as it runs consistent 7.30's in the 1/8th on motor, anything going into 4th gear might spell trouble for it though.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
It was in the cobra . The Mach could probably hang in there pretty good to as it runs consistent 7.30's in the 1/8th on motor, anything going into 4th gear might spell trouble for it though.

:beer: didn't mean any disrespect towards the Mach at all. Just figured it would be hard to give him the hit, stop his pull, and pull in front like that in such a short time if it was the Mach.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
good kill :D

At the stop light he said my car sounded awesome and asked if we could run again so he could turn his ac off.

................................................................................................................................ :lol:

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
good kill :D

................................................................................................................................ :lol:

robs like 50% power brah.....wait a second! NO IT DOESNT :shrug:

Good kill OP and lol at "WHEN THE **** DID YOU GET THAT?!" I lol'ed at work :D

S8ER01Z

Established Member
On GM cars the AC disengages at WOT. I have mine set to kick at 60% TPS. I have been in cars that don't disengage and it does seem to make a difference.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
On GM cars the AC disengages at WOT. I have mine set to kick at 60% TPS. I have been in cars that don't disengage and it does seem to make a difference.
Wouldn't know if its the same for my Cobra as I hardly turn on my A/C. Last thing I need is more heat coming from the engine :lol:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Honestly I thought all cars did this until I was proven wrong by the wife... I actually hardly ever use it myself.. it hurts my gas mileage and I have t-tops so I normally just pop the Ts off and let the mullet flap in the wind.

Users who are viewing this thread