Took delivery today

jay38372

Established Member
Well its been a long wait ordered 12/5, built 4/8 took her home today 4/25. Sterling Grey with Black stripes with all options excluding the shaker pro. I'm not computer savy to post pics but a lot of you here get the idea of the car. Well what can one say that hasn't been said already, worked with a fantastic dealer, Golden circle ford out of Jackson TN. Salesman was a great guy to work with his name is Bert if anyone is interested in ordering one call him they have one allocation left.

Car had 5.1 miles on it when we took it out to fill the gas up, told the salesman find a gas station over five miles away and you can drive too, he was stoked couldn't wipe that grin of his face when it really kicked in, got it back to the dealer and I told them I had concerns about the tires cracking found an open rack and put her up in the air and let me check all four tires no questions asked.

In my drive back home pulling out of the dealer nailed it but nothing over 4k rpm and like a lot of people have said..... yep it broke loose on me too none of the nannies kicked in but I was like hmmmm ok now I know what other owners are talking about, this next part is for future owners of the car and for people who haven't driven a car with this much horsepower that will be taking delivery soon, RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT what your driving, all the fun things like the electronics and such in the car you'll have plenty of time to play with later pay attention to the car first and foremost. You will learn to watch that speedometer more than anything else in the car as I did today this thing has gobs and gobs of power and torque it will pull in any gear and before you know it you'll either be paying lots of fines or do traffic school to get out of those fines.

Other than that be proud of it show it off and enjoy the stares and looks you'll be getting from people all around you including the leo's. :banana:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations!

Fastest color combination by far..

Ky GT500

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. Great color choice :D

Drove mine out the showroom doors Monday and got out on the road, shifted to second and goosed it, got a wiggle from the rear end,,,WOW this thing has got some power. Dealer handed me his credit card and said go fill it up. What a car.:rockon:

jay38372

Established Member
I pulled up to the high school to pick my daughter up, kid drives by in his truck with his jaw literally hanging, i couldnt help but smile and thank you all for the kind words.

03reptile

Established Member
Congrats, Jay38372!! These are great cars, aren't they! Also remember when the car is cold (usually first start up), it won't let you have full RPM until it warms up a bit. It's in the manual. Ford doesn't trust us....and rightly so! Enjoy your new ride, and as you said, respect and caution are the operative words for this beast!

69A12Bee

Established Member
Congrats on the delivery. I too picked up my car yesterday, same color and options. I got to feel the kick in as well and it was like driving a diesel with no turbo until the boost came on. RESPECT indeed and good luck with the car

ponygirl06

Established Member
I pulled up to the high school to pick my daughter up, kid drives by in his truck with his jaw literally hanging, i couldnt help but smile and thank you all for the kind words.

The car gets a lot of attention. I was afraid a guy on a motorcycle was going to wreck his bike turning his head to get a better look. The SGM really sparkles in the sun and my bright blue stripes aren't exactly subtle, but I think the lack of a grill, all the snakes and the sound of the exhaust would attract attention no matter the color.

Users who are viewing this thread