Took Delivery on Saturday, '13 DIB/Saddle GT

M3_Dust

Established Member
I guess I should post a few pics, haven't had a chance to do a proper photoshoot yet so I only have iPhone pics for now, traded my '09 135i for the Mustang, this is my first American car, my last 4 cars were the 135i and 3 M3's, so far I am thoroughly impressed with the 'stang and have really enjoyed my first few days with it :thumbsup: I'm planning on changing the wheels and suspension, we'll see how much the mod bug bites me beyond that :-D

c7e47055.jpg

e2a7669d.jpg

949bd7aa.jpg

b6917bb2.jpg

75ea619a.jpg

97447911.jpg

0466ecce.jpg

cd5c6409.jpg

d8f958e7.jpg

a195d02d.jpg

68baa566.jpg

6414297a.jpg

3b8e2e06.jpg

3efcc4f2.jpg

ViciousJay

Established Member
sick color! I loved it but when i saw that they had it on the fusion, Escape, Taurus i decided to go the other route

again she looks great out where you live, escp in the sun

Tispho

Established Member
How come in some photos there is a 5.0 badge and other photos there isn't?

I like the clean shaved look with no badge.

M3_Dust

Established Member
sick color! I loved it but when i saw that they had it on the fusion, Escape, Taurus i decided to go the other route

again she looks great out where you live, escp in the sun
thanks man, I love blue cars too much to not get the metallic blue when it's a available, the new color and updates for '13 were what finally pushed me over the edge to actually pull the trigger, I had been thinking about a 5.0 since I first test drove an '11
How come in some photos there is a 5.0 badge and other photos there isn't?

I like the clean shaved look with no badge.

I debadged it as soon as I got home while my friend was tinting the windows, I didn't know that in addition to the double-sided adhesive that holds the badges on, there are two tiny pinholes in the fenders also, so I am now considering options for replacing the badges with either black or body-colored ones

7ba53c41.jpg

87hatchy

Established Member
Ugh i think debadging a vehicle is a sin and does not look good...other than that, beautiful car!

Erich

Established Member
If you pull off the 5.0, you need to pull off the M3. Fair is Fair.
Erich

M3_Dust

Established Member
If you pull off the 5.0, you need to pull off the M3. Fair is Fair.
Erich

not really, if it was a Boss or Shelby I wouldn't debadge it, I didn't debadge my M cars but I did debadge my 135i as soon as I got it home also and would do the same on any non-M BMW

M3_Dust

Established Member
Nice car. How would you compare the power between the 135i and the Mustang?

thanks...the two cars actually have very similar P/W ratios, the 135 was a little bit better and had a little more torque (I had ESS stgII software and the car has a TT 6cyl, it dyno'd at 368WHP and 392WTQ @13psi on 91 octane, weight of 3373lbs) but the gearing in the mustang is superior and it puts the power down much better off the line, the 135 had a tough time in 1st and 2nd gear even with my Michelin pilot super sports. The power delivery is completely different, however, the turbos on the 135 are so small that they spool-up instantly and deliver all of the torque by 2k RPM while the 5.0 has a much smoother and more linear powerband.
I am in break-in with my new car so I haven't taken it past ~4k yet, but I had a few extensive test drives in an '11 and a '12 both with 3.73's and they felt plenty quick, it would be very interesting to see which car would pull from a roll, I think from 40MPH on they would be very even, from a dig the Mustang would smoke the 135 due to it's lack of traction.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
I would also like to remove the GT fake fuel door emblem on the trunk :)

you aint the only one. i think it looks tacky. ive seen one guy do the body work and actually remove the hump under it. if you find a good cover up post it up. btw nice ride.

Erich

Established Member
not really, if it was a Boss or Shelby I wouldn't debadge it, I didn't debadge my M cars but I did debadge my 135i as soon as I got it home also and would do the same on any non-M BMW

I'm just fooling around. Whatever you like. I agree, the gas cap thing is a bit much too. A guy around me had a completely debadged beamer that had some suspension mods and stuff. It looked great lowered and cleaned up. I doubt that one started as an M tho.
Erich

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Dammit, seeing that Saddle interior makes me consider it more than the stone interior now.

And apparently everyone and their mother seems to be getting DIB 2013s. :(

pohnjarker

Established Member
I debadged it as soon as I got home while my friend was tinting the windows, I didn't know that in addition to the double-sided adhesive that holds the badges on, there are two tiny pinholes in the fenders also, so I am now considering options for replacing the badges with either black or body-colored ones
[/IMG]

I didnt know there were pinholes in the side either, thought it was just tape.

I ordered the black 5.0 emblems and now it looks sweet, like stock. I didn't find any that had the nipples to fit in the holes, just lined it up over the holes and stuck it on...looks good now.

Tispho

Established Member
I would also like to remove the GT fake fuel door emblem on the trunk :)

You cannot remove the emblem because there is a big hump underneath.

In order to shave it you would have to cut out the hump and weld in a new piece of metal.

Users who are viewing this thread