Took a C6 out in the Evo

Dave5.0

Established Member
One of my other cars is a 13 Evo MR. It's got a twin clutch trans for those who don't know it.

All I've got is a tune, intake, and exhaust for power mods. It made 322WHP and 335WTQ.

Pull up to a yellow C6 last week at a light and it was an older guy driving it. He looked at me and smiled, and nodded his head. I could see him gripping the steering wheel hard and lightly revving it to get ready to side step the clutch once the light turned green. At this point I turn traction off and engage launch control.

Light turns green and this old guy's reaction is better than mine. A quarter second later I took my foot off the brake and the power came in hard. I went right on past him by the time my fingers hit the upshift paddle for the first time.

By about 80 MPH I had 2 cars on him and I shut her down. Next light, I got up to him and he gave me a thumbs up and told me he was really surprised and didn't think a Mitsubishi would ever beat him. I told him nice car, and we were on our way.

For any non-believers - I have videos of my car doing mid 3 second launches to 60. From a 40 roll I got barely ahead of my friend's tuned 5.0. The transmission makes this car.

Anyways, first cool Corvette driver Ive ever met!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice kill.

If you can constantly get 3.0 second 0-60 times that is impressive. Only problem is many cars will get you at the top end especially on longer highway rolls

Dave5.0

Established Member
I've consistently done 3.5 to 60 on many occasions lol.

It does really nice on the highway up till about 120 or so, and then VERY slightly drops off.

HandBanana

Established Member
imagesCANW7QDV_zpsc1226589.jpg

good kill. I never got to have fun at stop lights when I had my AWD cars.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Must of been a ls2 i would see a ls3 coming back hard on you after 80 mph lol. Ether way good short kill.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Nice kill! Too bad those transmissions aren't real strong and are expensive as all hell to build. I plan on getting an Evo next and the new MR's was my top choice but not after the stories I've heard about that trans. Either way with bolt on's, that trans is perfect for sure.

What exhaust are you running? Getting ideas for when I get one even though I'll probably end up in a 9.

Dave5.0

Established Member
Trust me, the car beats cars it shouldn't beat. Turbo plus SST plus Torque = unbeatable package.

Trans is fine. Only thing you may want to look at is a cooler and some good fluid. The clutch packs are actually fine up to 550+. Just look at DG motors Evo X on stock clutch packs.

I have a Turbo XS and it's perfect and deep. The car sounds like a jet taking off.

Users who are viewing this thread