Votes: 105 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • **** no

Votes: 33 23.2%

• Total voters

blueovalfan

Established Member
My sons mom left me three years ago for a another dude after I put her through nursing school, put a roof over her head and gave her a car. Bitch dragged me through the gutter in all ways she possibly could whenever she had the opportunity, it was rough but I always put my son first and just dealt with the bullshit. Fast forward to now I'm married to the love of my life and we are expecting a child, my ex's marriage apparently isn't turning out the way she thought it would based on things my son says and comments she makes from time to time. She has been ALOT more civil the last few months, even let me have extra days/weekends from time to time so I'm grateful for that,
plus she just had her thyroid removed due to cancer. (Don't feel too bad for her, my dad died last March of cancer and she couldn't even say sorry)

Today she calls me up and asks if I could put new pads/rotors on her car and she would give me my weeks child support back because the shop was gonna charge her an ass load. I told her I'd let her know when I drop of my boy off on Sunday but I'm leaning towards doing it because my son rides in there %99 of the time and I want it done right for his safety.

What do you guys think?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
You make a very valid point. Its for your son and his safety first off, it will get you a few more bucks in your pocket and maybe she will show you the respect you deserve (although we wont hold our breath).

Fuerza

Established Member
I see it as a favor and a benefit for your son. Knowing that your son rides in that car could you live with the fact if she wrecked and hurt your son?

13RaceRed5.0

Established Member
Just be the bigger person and do it. You know your really doing it for your sons safety anyways. Plus more cash in your pocket.

coposrv

Established Member
For the sake of your son i would do it. Get the money however and I would also get it documented somehow.

blueovalfan

Established Member
For the sake of your son i would do it. Get the money however and I would also get it documented somehow.

Good point on the documentation, my wife brought up the idea of having her sign a waiver or something stating I'm not liable for anything mysteriously going wrong with that car. This woman had tried to hold me in contempt of court for not paying half of a medical bill.....It was a wal-greens receipt for cough medicine, needless to say it was thrown out but I'm dealing that type of person here

cbr repsol

Established Member
do it because your boy rides in the vehicle. it wont take very long to do a brake job anyways,make sure that your ex pays for the parts.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I know eating your pride sucks, and your ex sounds like a dirtbag but for your son's sake do it.

blueovalfan

Established Member
I'll be doing it for my son, Devious you hit the nail on the head about her being a dirtbag she gets it from her mom. Hell come to think of it I fixed a broke sway bar end link on her moms van like a week before she took off on me lol freaking users

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
Install the pads/rotors but install a dildo in the drivers seat so she can go f&#k herself for the problems she caused you before.

flS/R

Established Member
because your son rides in the car, I say do it. The part I want to add is, have here bring it to your place. Don't invite her in. Make her sit on the curb and wait until you are done.

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
Anything that will help maintain and build a healthy relationship is for the best. Being a child of a more extreme case of my parents hating each other kinda ****ed me up a little, never realized it until I matured. Anyway my point is keep as good of a relationship as you can with her for you kid. Plus if if makes you some money why not?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hmm. Seeing that she is that kind of person as you say, and it could possibly bite you in the ass later, I would tell her she needs to use the child support that you've been paying her for the past 3 years to get her brakes done by a reputable shop since her vehicle plays a large role in your sons transportation. But if she wouldn't accept that after some convincing then I'd go ahead and do it anyways, but only after letting her know it's for the safety of your son only.

Dragu1a

Established Member
nurses get paid pretty well, tell the bitch to do it herself. or have her busted ass husband do it...

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
As others have said, do it for your son. However, given what you said about the way she's used you in the past and giving you your week's child support back...I'd be careful she doesn't try to use that against you somehow. Personally, I feel that if you're going to do it, do it for free so she can't somehow try to say you skipped out on child support.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
depends.... you know her better than we do.

She may be trying to take advantage of you, but may be worth it if you can get her to be more lenient with the kid. Perhaps work out an oral/written agreement to help her if she agrees to so and so with the kid?

Things might turn out better with this option, especially in the long run, as opposed to telling her to pound sand.

Users who are viewing this thread