Too much???

svtonmymind

Established Member
I went to look at a lightning today,2001, and they were selling it for 27,000. It was lowered and had 2 Kicker L7's in the back. Carpeted bed, hard toneau, and stock chrome rims. 40,000 miles on it and was in good shape.

Do you guys think this is too much because I see alot of these going on Ebay for 23,000 easy. Not buying this one but was just wondering. I'm probably buying one next spring. Hopefully a 2002. Thanks guys

UCBeau

Sounds WAY too high. For a couple grand more you can get a new 04. (if you have xplan or whatever to go along with mfr's rebates)

but I noticed you live up in Alaska, so maybe that adds a premium because there aren't many up there?

svtonmymind

Established Member
There are quite a few up here. They just aren't driven that much. I'm willing to fly down and drive one back if I have to.:coolman:

UCBeau

Well then yea its way overpriced. I've seen 01's for as little as 20-21 in and around the midwest.
OT: where in Alaska are you? I have family in Fairbanks and Anchorage.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
little off topic, but whats the xplan? i noticed a couple people talking about it but i have no clue on what it is..

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I'm getting ready to move to Fairbanks (next month) and was going to take my L, but was afraid the drive up the ALCAN would kill it. Besides, trying to drive up there in October just sounds like a bad idea. Maybe next summer I'll move it, but I doubt it.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
00svt Lightning --> the xplan is the extended coverage warranty. Instead of the 3 year/36,000 miles, you get 7 years/100,000 miles. Whenever you buy a vehicle and go with the extended warranty, banks are always more willing to loan you money for longer, since they know that their investment is going to be protected.

RUNVS?

Established Member
The X-Plan has nothing to do with extended warranties. X-plan discounts are offered to various companies who do fleet business with Ford and GM. These "partner" companies in turn pass these benefits on to their employees. This is how it works..........

FORD MOTOR COMPANY: Fleet Customer Recognition Plan (X-Plan)

1. If your employer is an X-plan partner, obtain a Fleet Identification Number (FIN) from your Human Resources or Fleet manager.
2. Log on to www.fordpartner.com, or you can call 1-877-XPLAN-00.
3. Provide your FIN, Social Security Number, name, address, city, state and zip code to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
4. Visit a participating dealer and identify yourself as a Fleet Customer Recognition participant.
5. Provide the dealer with your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to confirm eligibility.
6. Select an eligible vehicle. Some dealers will not sell SVT vehicles on the X-plan. However, there ARE those that will.
7. Provide proof of employment with the X-plan partner through recent pay stub, company ID badge, or W-2.
8. Arrange for delivery.

Last edited:

svtonmymind

Established Member
I live in Wasilla. I have a buddy that is in the Army in Fairbanks. If you happen to move up there let me know and we can get together. If I get an L then maybe you could help me out a little.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
RUNVS? --> Thanks for correcting me. I was completely off on that one.

svtonmymind --> I'm def moving to Faribanks. I land in Anchorage on 27 Oct to pick up the Jeep I bought and then I drive to Fairbanks. Have to be there by the end of the month. Let me know when/if you get it. I'd even be willing to work on it for you just be close to an L.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
WAY over priced......I paid 18.9 for my 00 with 38k on the clock...

jabush

Established Member
keep looking

That's too much....I found my '02 (TB) with 3,000 miles on it for $26,000. I would've offered the guy less if the mileage was higher.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Originally posted by RUNVS?
The X-Plan has nothing to do with extended warranties. X-plan discounts are offered to various companies who do fleet business with Ford and GM. These "partner" companies in turn pass these benefits on to their employees. This is how it works..........

FORD MOTOR COMPANY: Fleet Customer Recognition Plan (X-Plan)

1. If your employer is an X-plan partner, obtain a Fleet Identification Number (FIN) from your Human Resources or Fleet manager.
2. Log on to www.fordpartner.com, or you can call 1-877-XPLAN-00.
3. Provide your FIN, Social Security Number, name, address, city, state and zip code to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
4. Visit a participating dealer and identify yourself as a Fleet Customer Recognition participant.
5. Provide the dealer with your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to confirm eligibility.
6. Select an eligible vehicle. Some dealers will not sell SVT vehicles on the X-plan. However, there ARE those that will.
7. Provide proof of employment with the X-plan partner through recent pay stub, company ID badge, or W-2.
8. Arrange for delivery.

looks like someone works for a dealer...

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
X, Z, A, D plans are all discounts offered from Ford.

They all have different discount percentages. A is the highest I believe. Then Z, (I think) then, X, then D. I might be wrong. But I got my truck on A Plan for just over $26 brand new in 2000.

svtonmymind

Established Member
Originally posted by crazy4ink

svtonmymind --> I'm def moving to Faribanks. I land in Anchorage on 27 Oct to pick up the Jeep I bought and then I drive to Fairbanks. Have to be there by the end of the month. Let me know when/if you get it. I'd even be willing to work on it for you just be close to an L. [/B]

I don't plan on looking for one until next spring. But I'll keep you in mind when and if I do get one. Gotta make sure everything else is stable first.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread