Too much oil?

Sequim Snake

Established Member
Hey guys,
I had my dealer change the oil in my shelby, and I think that they put in 9 quarts. When I check the dip stick, I can't tell where it lies, since it is over the full "hole" would you take it back in? Or is it fine to be over filled like that?
-Ben
Not that it matters, but I'm running a vmp tvs with supporting mods.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
My 08 takes 7, it should say on the RO how many QTs they charged you for.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
Yeah....I was charged for 9. I had about a table spoon of oil in my passenger side catch can, and no oil into intake or throttle body, or my exhaust tips. Not sure what to do now. I didn't catch the 9 until I was home because I am under one of those oil change plans where you set it up when you bought your car for a certain amount of oil changes, plus they are usually really competent. They even called me out to show my front was not aligned and was scrubbing the inside of my driver front tire and they fixed it for me.....

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Tell them to give you your money back and START changing your own oil. Either way you need to have a correct fill for oil pressure to be normal so get it out of there. Could just pull the drain plug and buy one quart in case you dump to much and get it in the right fill reading on the dip stick.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
I will definitely be canceling my contract with them and requesting my money back for this last fill, but again. I don't know if any damage has occurred...and with 671rwhp I don't want something to have been weakend, ex. Rod bearings or seals and have my engine take a shit and them not claiming that they overfilled the oil which can cause such incidents. Don't get me wrong, the car WILLNOT be driven, I'm just tying to figure out how to hold them accountable.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
Update:
Car is fixed, everything is good. My service center went above and beyond to fix the problem. It was only over 620ml or a little over a half a quart, and they took the extra precaution and sent a flat bed to my house to pick her up just in case. I will be
Keeping my contract with them, just watching the oil changes :)

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I hope they refunded you for the 2.5 qts you didn't need but were charged for.

if you're taking it there in the future, make sure the same tech doesn't get his ands on it again.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
I have one of those "plans" where the oil changes were included. The tech did give me an extra bottle to keep in the trunk though :)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm glad they came to agreeable solution for you but I've had my share of oil change horror stories to not let anyone but me do it. Plus, if they gave me 100 quarts of motorcraft for free I would sell it and buy something better, imo.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
Yeah...I told them that from now on I'd like to stand under the car with them when it's changed, I was told by all means. :) I guess as long as I get to stand there I'll take the free changes....

huggytree

Established Member
I got an extra 3/4 quart on my SRT Challenger once...I was told by a Dodge Tech that it would hurt it, but I took it in anyways and had them redo the oil change

ever since I check my oil before I leave the dealership

when I had my GT500's oil changed they let me sit in the garage bay with them to BS with...they passed each quart to down the line to 3 people so they could all take part in a oil change on a gt500......it was very funny, but I made sure I got the correct # of quarts..it took 4 people to change my oil!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread