Too many cars, not enough mods...

bullitt1672

Established Member
I'm sure many of you are in the same position as me...which vehicle to waste money on! First off, I am not some baller trying to show off how many vehicles I have (a lot of you probably have 1 vehicle that adds up to my 3, this is SVTP after all.) Anyway, one day I'm wanting to twin screw/e85 the cobra, the next day I'm wanting to pro-charge my truck (6.2 sierra), and then next day I want to lift/gear/wheels+tires my Jeep XJ! Like I said, I'm not made of money and know that if I throw money at one vehicle, it'll be quite a damn while before the other one gets set-up the way I want it. It's a never ending cycle. How many others are in the same position as me and how do you decide on what vehicle get's what!?!

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
I fight this going between my Cobra and my off road rig. A lot of times with me its just timing. If something is broke or wore out I prioritize that regardless. But with the timing if I know a big trail run is coming up then something is going to get done to the truck. If summer is around the corner the Cobra is going to get the attention and so on. I almost always can't do both at the same time so I feel your pain. Plus if you do too much all at once it gets harder to get by the spousal unit.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
haha funny to see this as I'm taking both of my cars to the shop today. Some exhaust goodies for the mustang and some nice dark tint for SUV.

But I do the performance goodies to the mustang and the non-performance shit to my tahoe (Sound system, etc). but don't get me wrong I have general things I do to any car which typically are: tint, drop, wheels. I might mod a car further if I decide it's worth it / get jealous enough of someone elses ride haha.

charged351

Established Member
Yep, I know the feeling. I have 5 project vehicles and 2 drivers. I work on one for a week, then start doing something with another one the next week. Its a never ending cycle, as nothing ever seems to get done!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Mine is between car vs bike. And my bike is a Harley so god knows there is 1000 different things I could do to that

cooper1320

Established Member
3 cars and 1 motorcycle, the 09 GT is the daily that I always look for new parts for but never buy because I plan to trade it in. the cobra is always getting something but I don't drive it much, my 65 was rough when I got it, fixed it got it running and driving for 2 months, then put it on jack stand so I can start on the front suspension and disc brake...... 8 months later still haven't gotten around to do it, the motorcycle I got 6 years ago to do a café racer build got it running, then hasn't been worked on in a year, and im always looking for another project car even tho I haven't finished what I have now

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I've gotten rid of cars for this exact reason. I would leave the truck alone and focus on the other 2.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Downsized to a Shelby, beater Fusion, Edge Sport(hers) and a Zx-12.

Decided that I won't dump money into the Shelby till I decide I'm for sure I'll keep it for the long term.

Her truck won't be touched. Waiting for the 2.7 eco version Edge to play with.

**** the fusion, and the bike is fast enough with the mods it has.

smitty2919

Established Member
I wouldn't waste money on procharging a pickup truck.

You would have the need for speed fulfilled with the cobra for summer months and the functionality of suspension mods on the Jeep during winter months. The truck serves as a tow pig and hauler in my eyes...leave it stock.

Sn95Snake

Established Member

You would have the need for speed fulfilled with the cobra for summer months and the functionality of suspension mods on the Jeep during winter months. The truck serves as a tow pig and hauler in my eyes...leave it stock.

This is what I would do as well.

Maustang

Established Member
Yep,
03 mach
67 mustang coupe
69 Chevelle
and 02 TJ that I DD
Right now im having short mans syndrome in the jeep.

bullitt1672

Established Member

I'd leave the truck stock

I most likely will leave the truck alone. It was actually the video that was posted above that got me wanting to mod it. It has a blackbear tune on it now so that will be good enough. When the Jeep is due for new tires, I'll go ahead and do a 2-3" lift with 31's on 17 inch rims. It won't be an extreme off-road rig by any means being its my DD, but will still be capable of some light trail duty once I get it converted over to an electric fan.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Definitely a never ending debate, although the Cobra is pretty close to being where I want to leave it. After my bike is where I want it (or I get a new one), I often contemplate doing a K-swap in my DD Civic.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Bout to do a full 13/14 TVS conversion on my '12. Waiting on a 2.4 pulley and the 13/14 HE install kit. From there I'll do a upper pulley/CAI/Tune on the CTSV. The 99L is basic 2.76 upper/tune/cai/exhaust. The GTO has a vararam,tune,catback, and dr's. The 93L has a madramper CAI, and flowmaster. The Explorer Sport has a 3bar map, Airade, and Livernois Tune. Modding never ends.

Users who are viewing this thread