too loud..help plz

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
hey guys, i have longtube headers full 3" exhaust with 2 hi flo magnaflow cats and 2 magnaflow mufflers and the exhaust runs all the way to my rear bumper then dumps so u cant see it from behind the truck..its loud and im tired of not being able to hear anything else..what can i do to quiet it down??

i have no H or X pipe just true duals....

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
Bigger mufflers.. Not chambered ones.

yea the ones i have are the straight through like 24 inch ones i think..i had the oval style mufflers and blew like 6 different ones up at the welds..couldnt figure out why the welds kept breaking so i went with these and so far so good..but my truck is way to loud

DjKush

Established Member
I feel ya, catless here flowmaster 50 Series exhaust straight pipes on built motor it's pretty damn loud but eh I kinda like it for now. Try oval style and take it to a different welder... Good luck

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
Just get bassani stuff. I am sure that it wouldnt be to much of a problem for you to get their catless mids, then get a muffler shop to run the tips farther out, or dumped. I bet the dump is a part of the problem since the sound is hitting the ground and coming back up.

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
Well I do have hi flo cats like I said. The exhaust is ran all the way back to the rear bumper then prolly a 45* turndown. But for some reason everytime I had an oval muffler, the welds on the muffler itself would break open and rattle like crazy... If I did switch to 2 1/2 in could I still use my 3" mufflers and cats ad not cause a problem? Thanks for all the info guys!!

Would a x pipe quiet it down?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Well I do have hi flo cats like I said. The exhaust is ran all the way back to the rear bumper then prolly a 45* turndown. But for some reason everytime I had an oval muffler, the welds on the muffler itself would break open and rattle like crazy... If I did switch to 2 1/2 in could I still use my 3" mufflers and cats ad not cause a problem? Thanks for all the info guys!!

Would a x pipe quiet it down?

Yes. You can buy adapters or any muffler shop can make pipes for you.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Every dump I've ever run, I turn them 45 degrees outward so that the sound isn't reflected back up off the ground - makes a nice difference.

Bird

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
They can never be too loud. :p

Have you thought of putting baffles in? That would quiet it down....

Users who are viewing this thread