Tonneu Covers

JONYLTNG03

Just A Tow Vehicle
Established Member
Anyone know of a good tonneu cover to buy? :shrug: I saw a red Lightning with a painted one with a little wing going through the back. It looked really good. Didn't know if anyone knows where to buy one with a small wing on the back. Thanks guys. :rockon::beer:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
wing or lip?

If you mean the lip, that is the Gaylords Speedster cover.

If you meant a wing, well then I'll just sit back and eat popcorn on that one.

Here's the gaylords speedster..

2484755_10_full.jpg

2484755_111_full.jpg

2484755_15_full.jpg

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
THREAD HIJACKED..... yeah i was wondering were can u buy it?and since i already have a toneau can i just stick one in there?

MJG

Established Member
I tried the hard tonneau route....not happy at all. Chews up your paint/body after awhile, mine was bought brand new and I turned around and sold it for 1/2 the price 3 months later.
I found this one and I couldn't be happier, same material as a convertible top, its a trifold, weights 20-30lbs, litterally comes on and off in 1 minute and has an embossed ford racing logo!
Its regular 500 but the company I got it from messed up the price and order so I only paid 300

mjg-albums-truck-picture6110-picture2.jpg

mjg-albums-truck-picture3822-bed8.jpg

MJG

Established Member
OH and about the wing thing, I like it too, but with going with this tonneau I can buy the Cervini wing now, with my fabric tonneau on or off:D

WhiteLight01

Established Member
I tried the hard tonneau route....not happy at all. Chews up your paint/body after awhile, mine was bought brand new and I turned around and sold it for 1/2 the price 3 months later.
I found this one and I couldn't be happier, same material as a convertible top, its a trifold, weights 20-30lbs, litterally comes on and off in 1 minute and has an embossed ford racing logo!
Its regular 500 but the company I got it from messed up the price and order so I only paid 300

I despise my ARE cover, it looks like its 10" tall and makes the rear look higher than it really is. It has also started eating paint on the very rear left corner.
Have wanted the speedster for a long time, but the look of your cover is pretty sweet. You remember were you picked it up at?

Last edited:

MJG

Established Member
Yes, it's a Torza Trifold from sporttruckdirect I think I picked it up from.
Like i said, its low, VERY light, trifold is awesome and has 4 lever attachments which hold it on at every corner, therefore I have it off in less than a minute. I can have a cover and wing for 600 bucks compared to buying a new speedsturr for 1500-1800.

I have had trucks with hard tops and every single one of them has had issues with the paint. I got a quote from ford and it cost me 1800 bucks to repair the damage my hard cover did.
SO the math would be....
New hard cover -1300
+650 for selling it
-1800 for paint repai
-300 for the cover now
.....so that damn thing ran me near 3 grand when it boils down to it.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
I also got feed up trying to get a gaylords tonneau, like I said on another thread crappy shipping crating ( if you want to call a cardboard box a crate) and horrible coustomer service,

I finally got a pace Edwards bedlocker and a cervinis wing and could not be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread