Today's populous and ignorance regarding firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
It blows me away how ignorant people are today regarding firearms. Hell, a quick perusal over at the brady campaign reveals shit like this .
The National Rifle Association's endorsement comes exactly a month after Bush broke his campaign promise to keep America's police safe from Tec-9s, AK-47s and Uzis.
Hello assholes, a Tec-9 is a god damned semi-auto, not a ****ing machine pistol. But of course since it looks menacing, it must be more dangerous. In terms of the AKs and Uzi's, I'm *fairly* certain those were addressed by the import ban. Anyways, full auto uzi's would be regulated as a class III item anyways. Retards.

Strolling over to their "Facts" page (More like a bunch of ****ing ignorance/lies/embeleshments)
http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/factsheets/?page=firefacts
In 1999, there were only 154 justifiable homicides by private citizens in the United States.
Right, ok, now how about the thousands of times that cimes were stopped due to someone drawing on the perp? Someone needs to tell these dumbasses that their statistics are a form of a lie.

Oohhh yes, here is a good one
http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?page=awb
Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire. Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip, and because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.

Opponents of the ban argue that such weapons only "look scary." However, because they were designed for military purposes, assault weapons are equipped with combat hardware, such as silencers, folding stocks and bayonets, which are not found on sporting guns. Assault weapons are also designed for rapid-fire and many come equipped with large ammunition magazines allowing 50 more bullets to be fired without reloading. So there is a good reason why these features on high-powered weapons should frighten the public.

Assault weapons are commonly equipped with some or all of the following combat features:

* A large-capacity ammunition magazine, enabling the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines.
* A folding stock on a rifle or shotgun, which sacrifices accuracy for concealability and for mobility in close combat.
* A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.
* A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire.
* A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, which serves no useful sporting purpose. The flash suppressor allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire, helping the shooter maintain control of the firearm.
* A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer, which is useful to assassins but clearly has no purpose for sportsmen. Silencers are illegal so there is no legitimate purpose for making it possible to put a silencer on a weapon.
* A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet, which obviously serves no sporting purpose.
Hell kids, this will be fun...
Dozens of rounds? So ****ing what? Reloading is a waste of time and I'd rather be hitting my target, or if some nasty shit happens, some gang banging mother ****ers who need to be shot anyway.

A folding or collapsing stock sacrifices accuracy? Shit, my friends M4 is still all sorts of accurate jackass. Even with the stock in, you sure as **** ain't gonna hide it very easilly.

Wow, now the pistol grip one really blows my mind. Spray firing from the hip? What the mother **** is that shit? You'd be ****ing lucky to hit what you wanted to shoot by aiming from the hip. And firing one handed? Who the **** does that shit? I normally don't even use one hand when firing a pistol. The special olympics were last week, retards.

You fire enough rounds through a rifle fast enough and whether or not you have a shroud the ****ing barrel is gonna take a hit. And I guess since you don't want me holding on to the rifle that way, maybe I should get a nice rail setup and go forward pistol grip style. Help stop inbreeding, ban country music.

A flash suppressor doesn't hide the shooter, it keeps the poor bastard from blinding himself, and it was my understanding that muzzle breaks and flash suppressors are different entities.

Silencers are not illegal. They are class III items and may be acquired with the proper permits. Get a better lawer, or someone else who has some competency of firearms laws. Hell, just go read the ****ing BATFs website. Silencers do serve a purpose. Right now our gun range is getting sued due to the noise. Eat shit Sarah Brady.

Who gives a flying **** if someone has a bayonet? Hell, I could defend myself by bashing their head in with the stock of my ****ing .22 before they would be able to touch me with that thing. With the Glock slinging 180 gr at their head, it's a no brainer, no pun intended.

Law enforcement officers are at particular risk from these weapons because of their high firepower and ability to penetrate body armor. In addition, limiting civilian access to such weapons lessens the need for law enforcement to carry assault weapons themselves in order to match the firepower capability that criminals with assault weapons would have. Law enforcement officers do not want to have to carry M-16s as their standard service weapon.
**** .223, it's a dinky ass round, no wonder cops are getting killed. Get a real round. It's a good round to go plinking with though.

An AK-47 fires a military round. In a conventional home with dry-wall walls, I wouldn't be surprised if it went through six of them..
Uhh, don't talk ballistics unless you've done the tests. I'll have to hand this one off to my friend Nick, but I'm fairly certain 7.62x39 is NOT going to punch through 6 walls, maintain trajectory, and still be lethal. I coudl be horribly wrong on that.

I'm done with the brady campaign for now (Sarah Brady needs to do the world a favor and use a gun to shoot herself)

On to someone who is a friend of mine, but I just couldn't seem to correct *sigh* and the sad part is she is all about gun ownership. I'll work on it...

pyroanomalyspiderman: lol
pyroanomalyspiderman: did you really get cop killers?
Jason Gillman: ?
Jason Gillman: I got speer gold dots
Jason Gillman: shit, most rifle rounds are "cop killers"
pyroanomalyspiderman: no
pyroanomalyspiderman: hollow tips
Jason Gillman: *sigh*
pyroanomalyspiderman: they are called cop killers
Jason Gillman: I got hollow points
pyroanomalyspiderman: there you go
pyroanomalyspiderman: was that so hard?
Jason Gillman: they are not "cop killers"
pyroanomalyspiderman: in NY they call those cop killers
pyroanomalyspiderman: trust me
Jason Gillman: NY is full of ****ing retards
Jason Gillman: that don't know what the **** they are talking about when it comes to firearms?
pyroanomalyspiderman: yes they do
Jason Gillman: then they wouldn't be calling hollow points cop killers
pyroanomalyspiderman: *sigh*
pyroanomalyspiderman: you know, sometimes it's like I'm talking to brick wall when it comes to you
pyroanomalyspiderman: you know that?
Jason Gillman: heh
Jason Gillman: why you say that?
pyroanomalyspiderman: you don't listen
Jason Gillman: yes I do
pyroanomalyspiderman: your a pain in der Po
Jason Gillman: if you want to call HPs "cop killers" you should call all ammo cop killing ammo
pyroanomalyspiderman: nevermind
pyroanomalyspiderman: your a moron
pyroanomalyspiderman: let's just drop it
Jason Gillman: well i'd like to know why you call hollow points cop killers
pyroanomalyspiderman: do you know what kind of damage they can do to a person?
pyroanomalyspiderman: much more than a reg. bullet
Jason Gillman: Yes, you know why?
pyroanomalyspiderman: duh
pyroanomalyspiderman: I'm not stupid
pyroanomalyspiderman: I have seen xrays
Jason Gillman: yeah
Jason Gillman: but saying they are more dangerous than an FMJ load is silly
Jason Gillman: you get an FMJ load to tumble and it will **** shit up good
pyroanomalyspiderman: they don't really use rifles i NY
pyroanomalyspiderman: not in the city
Jason Gillman: I wouldn't either
pyroanomalyspiderman: see now?
Jason Gillman: but you know what the thing is, the expansion of the HP is probably going to make it even less useful against body armor
Jason Gillman: since the energy is spread out
pyroanomalyspiderman: not really
pyroanomalyspiderman: especially if they are teflon tipped
pyroanomalyspiderman: damn those thingsare BAD
Jason Gillman: *sigh* you know what teflon is used for, to reduce barrel wear
pyroanomalyspiderman: there are teflon tipped
pyroanomalyspiderman: I have seenthem
pyroanomalyspiderman: they suck
pyroanomalyspiderman: they are bad shit
pyroanomalyspiderman: they will **** you up!!
Jason Gillman: sweetie, do you know what teflon is?
pyroanomalyspiderman: duh
pyroanomalyspiderman: *sigh*
Jason Gillman: yeah, it's a non-stick surface
Jason Gillman: so how does it make a bullet more dangerous?
pyroanomalyspiderman: the teflon tipped inject a rubber liketeflon subatnce into the wound on impact
pyroanomalyspiderman: and it does more damage that way
pyroanomalyspiderman: it makesa bigger hole
pyroanomalyspiderman: the bullet smushes
pyroanomalyspiderman: and the teflon explodes
Jason Gillman: uh, i think your talking about EFMJ now
pyroanomalyspiderman: ok. what do the intialsmean?
Jason Gillman: expanding full metal jacket
pyroanomalyspiderman: ummmm
pyroanomalyspiderman: I dunno
pyroanomalyspiderman: whatever
pyroanomalyspiderman: you know what I mean
pyroanomalyspiderman: i think
That one is kinda self explanitory. On that note, my cynical ass is going to bed, or something.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
All this time I thought we were to be afraid of bin Laden...

Remember folks; this child is your future.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox

+1

Remember, Timothy McVeigh set the benchmark almost alone. The one that Al Qa'eda beat eventually - with a whole crew working at the same time. Imagine what 14 of him (Tim), could have done.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by carrrnuttt
+1

Remember, Timothy McVeigh set the benchmark that Al Qa'eda beat almost alone. Imagine what 14 of him, could have done.

I dont want to since I am from Oklahoma City.

TnPaulMan

Banned
Blah, you guys are afraid of someone who knows what he is talking about. A true terrorist, a domestic one at that, is not going to take the time to learn about his 2nd amendment rights before he blows shit up. Sinister is harmless.

Paul

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox

Yeah I agree. This kid is way too aroused by guns. Every post I see by him is about guns. Settle down kid.

WhirlieBirdie

Buh Bye
Originally posted by slythetove
Yeah I agree. This kid is way too aroused by guns. Every post I see by him is about guns. Settle down kid.
Is this svtperformance, or is it glockperformance? :??:

On a car site, I've never seen him post anything about cars. Granted, you might still consider me a noob, but I've been lurking for many months.

cobravert03

Why? Because it's funny.
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Right, ok, now how about the thousands of times that cimes were stopped due to someone drawing on the perp?
Just out of honest curiosity, could you post your own statistics and sources on this?

And another thing - can't a lot of these "semi-automatic" weapons that were banned easily be modified to be full auto?

And just to be fair and balanced - if the second amendment exists to help protect us from the government, why should we not be allowed to possess the same firearms the government supplies the military with? I'm not talking about jets, tanks, and artillery pieces, obviously. I'm speaking of "assault weapons" such as the M-16, MP-5, etc. I'm not advocating that we SHOULD be able to own these weapons, just curious from a philosophical standpoint how they justify such bans in light of the spirit of the second amendment.

Discuss...

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Jason,

This is your only warning, settle down on the gun stuff, this board is not a gun site, its a car site. I understand this is a open forum in here, but I think we are getting a few too many of these posts. I resepct your opions as a fellow gun lover. I think you will get better responses if you have threads like this on a firearm owners site.

-Zach

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Re: Re: Today's populous and ignorance regarding firearms

Originally posted by Halsted
Just out of honest curiosity, could you post your own statistics and sources on this?

And another thing - can't a lot of these "semi-automatic" weapons that were banned easily be modified to be full auto?

And just to be fair and balanced - if the second amendment exists to help protect us from the government, why should we not be allowed to possess the same firearms the government supplies the military with? I'm not talking about jets, tanks, and artillery pieces, obviously. I'm speaking of "assault weapons" such as the M-16, MP-5, etc. I'm not advocating that we SHOULD be able to own these weapons, just curious from a philosophical standpoint how they justify such bans in light of the spirit of the second amendment.

Discuss...

Very easy FDR passed the 1932 Firearm control act which put a stop to buying Full auto arms on the open market and you could only get them if you had a Class III liscense. Then in 1986 they passed the Firearms importation bill which allowed the importation on historical important arms including ones made here
but they added the ending of buying Full auto arms unless they were made in 1986 or older.

To convert a Semi auto to full auto is more than just dropping in pieces. Take 2 Uzi carbines one Full the other Semi the pieces and mechanizimes are totally differant and well not match up unless you have an extinsive machine shop to make it fit as the frames are different. The Semi is a little narrower over the fullauto Uzi. So its just not that simple to take a semiauto and make it into a full auto military piece. Your really better off buying a fullauto firearm.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Modifying a firearm for fully-auto fire from semi-auto fire takes a bit of work depending on the model.

Most modifications on simple models consist of removing something called the sear assembly that works as part of the trigger....sears are simple lever-action catches that are used in conjunction with a bolt or bolt-carrier on a gas-operated rifle like the AR-series weapons.

The M-16A2 is a selective fire rifle, manufactured to government specs and serial-numbered. Old M-16's had a fully-auto mode, so the US desired to save ammo by re-tooling to use a 3 round burst mode. Modifying the semi version would require replacing the sear assembly on the lower receiver, and machining the bolt carrier assembly to accomodate the sears....
....or if you are larcenous or stupid enough, you could attempt to remove government spec parts to use on semi rifles.
Getting caught will put you away for a long time, especially if the armed forces inventories catch up to you.

Re-tooling work would require metal machining ability, drawings, and mechanical engineering skills most untrained people won't acquire.....at least for US M16's....

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel

Uhh, don't talk ballistics unless you've done the tests. I'll have to hand this one off to my friend Nick, but I'm fairly certain 7.62x39 is NOT going to punch through 6 walls, maintain trajectory, and still be lethal. I coudl be horribly wrong on that.
[/B]

What you gotta look for is their wonderful wording...drywall, we all know how sturdy that shit is. Wordgames, thats all this bullshit is.

WhirlieBirdie

Buh Bye
Originally posted by sohowcome
Jason,

This is your only warning, settle down on the gun stuff, this board is not a gun site, its a car site. I understand this is a open forum in here, but I think we are getting a few too many of these posts. I resepct your opions as a fellow gun lover. I think you will get better responses if you have threads like this on a firearm owners site.

-Zach
:rockon:

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Lets not forget that not everyone uses regular 2x4 studs while building a home/building. I know for a fact that a 6" Aerated Concrete Block can be shot w/ a .357 Mag from 6' away and it'll only penetrate 4".

And I always thought the assault weapons ban was somewhat pointless. It was more of an "accessory" or "apperance" ban more than anything else. I didnt see limiting some of the things they did when IMO it didnt make the weapon any more/less lethal.

cobravert03

Why? Because it's funny.
Re: Re: Re: Today's populous and ignorance regarding firearms

Originally posted by Silverstrike
Very easy FDR passed the 1932 Firearm control act which put a stop to buying Full auto arms on the open market and you could only get them if you had a Class III liscense. Then in 1986 they passed the Firearms importation bill which allowed the importation on historical important arms including ones made here
but they added the ending of buying Full auto arms unless they were made in 1986 or older.
Yes, thanks - we all know there are laws that prohibit us from buying them. I was looking for something a little more philosophical in regards to WHY those laws do not directly contradict the spirit of the 2nd amendment.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
Someone needs to tell John F'n Kerry that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

Also the Bill of Rights does not "afford" those rights, as Kerry said in the third debate. The constitution protects our god-given rights from an overbearing government and places limits on the government.

What's really scary is the 45% of the people in this country that will vote for him, including some clueless idiots on this message board. :nonono:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Re: Re: Re: Re: Today's populous and ignorance regarding firearms

Originally posted by Halsted
Yes, thanks - we all know there are laws that prohibit us from buying them. I was looking for something a little more philosophical in regards to WHY those laws do not directly contradict the spirit of the 2nd amendment.

They do contradict the 2nd amendment though.

Why should the government be authorized to have certain types of firearms that private individuals are not? People are people, if the argument is used that people are going to commit a crime with certain firearms, the government should impose a ban on itself as well. Why? Because the government is composed of regular people too. The only time a legal machine gun was used in a murder was by a cop. That's right folks, cops and military members are subject to human flaws as well. The act of government restricting access to certain firearms for private individuals, while retaining unrestricted access from themselves can and should be taken as a move to makethemselves more powerful than the public. The 2nd amendment was put in place to prevent that very thing.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by sohowcome
Jason,

-Zach

Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread