Today was my lucky day

03kbredfire

Established Member
I am usually blessed with some of the worst luck. You know what I mean, you order parts and the company comes out with a new and improved product after the fact or has a GP right after purchase or lowers price due to high demand. I always fall on the paying more side. Whining complete.

Well, today I finally decided to do the car some justice and get a nice set of gauges and of course a Speed of Sound gauge pod was a must. I have spoken with Alan from time to time and he has always taken the time to answer all my questions and not rush me off the phone. So today I committed to making the purchase that I had wanted for some time. An A pillar pod with a raptor claw.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/RaptorClaw.html

:coolman:
Right before I get off the phone I asked of any GP's going on or coming up and then there was brief silence and then "ohh, you know what hang on a minute, let me check something."....................................... ...........................................

He got back on the line and said, "You are the 2000th customer and you win." I did not know what he was talking about but I listened. He continued, "We have been waiting for our 2000th customer and I almost forgot bout it but you win the above pictured pod, claw, T shirt, etc."

I do not think that I have won anything in my life but this just makes my day.
SOS is an awesome company with great products and, come on, how many vedors step up to do something like that. He said that he had no interest in advertising the "giveaway" as he wanted it to be "real". It is real alright. I think this deserves a beer:beer:

Looking foward to a great product from a great company. :thumbsup: Thanks Alan,, you have definately made my day. :banana:

Last edited:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
You are very welcome, and congratulations! :thumbsup:

About a month ago I noticed we were closing in our 2000th invoice. I wondered who it would be, and then decided we'd do something special for it. At the end of the day, I was packing up #1999 when the phone rang.

It was Terry, and he reminded me of our earlier conversations. We got to chatting about things while I processed the order, and I almost forgot this would be #2000.

Thankfully, it hit me :idea: before we hung up and I informed him of his winnings.

I enjoy doing random things like this. I've sent shirts/hats to people with our parts listed in their forum signatures. It's fun, and will likely never stop if I can help it.

So good for you, Terry. Freebies on the way to you in a few days. Enjoy your weekend! :banana:

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread