TOB - Warranty Work

CyberDaveA

Established Member
My TOB is starting to get real bad... and I know that this is common with the 03's. Does anybody have the TSB for this repair? More importantly... how long does it take to fix this problem?

If they have to keep your car for longer 1 day, are they required to give you a loaner car? I always thought they did, but when I had some stuff fixed on my old GT... I didn't need one since they fixed my car that day, but they said they never give out loaners for warranty work that takes longer than a day. They advised me where the closest car rental place is, and offered to give me a ride there. WTF??? Any input on this...

Dave

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
You should get a loaner any time your SVT vehicle is in for service no matter if it is for 1 day or 100 days. However, I think the fine print reads something like "at participating dealerships..." My dealer tried to wiggle out of it when I had my car in for service, but they gave in after I leaned on them a bit.

Florida_Cobra03

Established Member
My dealer decided to replace the entire transmission for the TOB problem. Took about four days from the time I took it in. They have to order the transmission and then install it. Yes, they did give me a loaner. Always have, anytime something is wrong with the car.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
svt vehicles are covered by ford for the loaner car and it should not be any problem to get one. if so just call svt and it will get solved. and if they give you shit then take your vehicle to another dealer because that dealer will lose out on money.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys...

FUBU795 - TOB is my Throw out bearing... rattling really bad lately. Started about 2 weeks ago. Apparently it's pretty common with the 03's

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
Thanks for the help guys...

FUBU795 - TOB is my Throw out bearing... rattling really bad lately. Started about 2 weeks ago. Apparently it's pretty common with the 03's

Ohhhh.....

my buddy had that problem in his 93 Gt, we put a new one in and it never came back :)

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
My TOB is starting to get real bad... and I know that this is common with the 03's. Does anybody have the TSB for this repair? More importantly... how long does it take to fix this problem?

If they have to keep your car for longer 1 day, are they required to give you a loaner car? I always thought they did, but when I had some stuff fixed on my old GT... I didn't need one since they fixed my car that day, but they said they never give out loaners for warranty work that takes longer than a day. They advised me where the closest car rental place is, and offered to give me a ride there. WTF??? Any input on this...

Dave

I just had this done last week. My bad TOB shredded my sleeve as well. They had to replace the TOB and my tranmission becauase of the bad sleeve. The sleeve is what goes around the TOB. SVT will provide a rental. You will only have to pay taxes on the rental and thats it. If they have the parts in stock you are talking about same day. I had to wait on the transmission. If they keep it longer than 3 days you can make them continue to pay for a rental. I also got them to upgrade me to a Expedition with no additional cost. :)

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Stang2WRX
How common is this?

when do you experience the symptoms?

Very common! You will hear a squeel in your transmission and a vibration on your clutch pedal. If you apply pressure to your clutch the squeel will go away. Since my sleeve was trashed it sounded like bolts were tossing around in my transmission due to the metal pieces that were shattered. I did not have to remove any of my mods. It is not mod specific. Contact SVT if they give you trouble about mods. The only mod that you might have to switch is a shifter and I doubt it. If you do a seach on this site you will see 20 pages on this topic.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
My tob thumps really loud(spinnig sound) when car is hot.... than this morning it squeeled a bit..

this is my second one!!!

MArc

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
My tob thumps really loud(spinnig sound) when car is hot.... than this morning it squeeled a bit..

this is my second one!!!

MArc

You have two choices. You take it back and it is replaced for free or you get a new clutch that comes with a stronger TOB. IMO

Cobra-Master

Established Member
I got the upgraded TOB retaining sleeve 2 weeks ago on my new transmission, and my TOB started making that spinning sound yesterday. I'm taking mine back in AGAIN.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-Master
I got the upgraded TOB retaining sleeve 2 weeks ago on my new transmission, and my TOB started making that spinning sound yesterday. I'm taking mine back in AGAIN.

Sorry to hear that... I want my car to spend the least amount of time at the dealer as possible.

Any Orlando guys have a suggestion as to which svt dealer I get my work done at?

Users who are viewing this thread