TOB warranty hassles

Shubathu

Established Member
Has anyone had any trouble getting warranty repairs because of aftermarket chassis mods? I have the Kenny Brown chassis kit (Strut Tower Brace, SuperSub Subframe Connectors, 4-point Lower Chassis Brace) and I need to have the TOB/clutch looked at in my car - hoping for no guff from the dealer. Any experience with this?

Thanks!

Pyro

Established Member
You shouldn't have any problems since your chasis mods have nothing to do with the drive train. Good luck.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Not trying to start anything but a friend of mine took his back for a fuel pump going out. All he had was an x pipe, cai, and bassani exhaust. He was not clear about why they charged him $600 only to get another defect and pay another $600 for the second one. I suspect his extended warranty was voided. He says they also looked real good for scratches around the pulley.

Be cautious!

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
Not trying to start anything but a friend of mine took his back for a fuel pump going out. All he had was an x pipe, cai, and bassani exhaust. He was not clear about why they charged him $600 only to get another defect and pay another $600 for the second one. I suspect his extended warranty was voided. He says they also looked real good for scratches around the pulley.

Be cautious!

It has a lot to do with the dealership. Some are pricks while others are cool. I've heard of places like SoCal (who shall remain nameless), that actually install mods and turn a blind eye when doing warranty work. It helps if you buy the car from them.

taronis

Banned
Originally posted by Shubathu
Has anyone had any trouble getting warranty repairs because of aftermarket chassis mods? I have the Kenny Brown chassis kit (Strut Tower Brace, SuperSub Subframe Connectors, 4-point Lower Chassis Brace) and I need to have the TOB/clutch looked at in my car - hoping for no guff from the dealer. Any experience with this?

Thanks!

Doing mine 7/21 -- similar mods, no problems.....

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
The Ford dealer has to prove that the mods caused the failure of that part. This is a Federal Law!

Live4Speed

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
The Ford dealer has to prove that the mods caused the failure of that part. This is a Federal Law!

But will find every reason why it did cause something to fail and there's not a thing you can do it about it cause court costs will cost more than the part. I've been through this MANY MANY times. That law just says that the dealership cannot deny warranty work just because there are aftermarket parts on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread