TOB squeak when clutch first pressed?

Ceanes

Established Member
I have a stock clutch, fiore adj, and quad and ldc freeplay mod. I have the clutch adjusted correctly and when my foot first touches the clutch pedal I get a squeak for a split second. It only happens then. Other than that everything seems perfect with the clutch. No constant noise or anything.

Just curious if this means my TOB is going south. Should I be concerned, or just let it ride for awhile. I can get it to not do it if I take most all the freeplay out of the pedal, but I didnt think this was the right thing to do. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Chuck

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Well I wouldn't adjust the clutch cable so there is no freeplay, you need that freeplay to keep the tob from failing. Can't say much about a squeek, but you can check your adjustment by pulling the cover plate off the bell housing to make sure the tob is not riding on the pressure plate while the clutch is engaged, do this once the clutch is warmed up.

VincodeY

Established Member
it sounds like the TOB is starting to go on you. It will only get worse with time. You will know really when the squeak is a loud shrill and the clutch pedal starts vibrating on it's own. 0.02

Users who are viewing this thread