TOB/ DS questions

Ellik

Established Member
Im converting to a T-56 w/ 26 spline input this weekend. Few quick questions to make sure the swap goes smoothly.

1- does the 26-spline require a special TOB/retainer sleeve, or do the standard ones for the T56 fit fine? Ive searced quite a bit and cant find anything that mentions a different size/model, but I just want to make sure before I tear things apart.

2 - I purchased a DS off Ebay that was 'supposed' to be off an '03 Cobra. However, the bolt pattern doesnt match up to the pinion flange I bought for the swap. The pinion flange bolts holes measure center-to-center 4-1'4" , whereas the holes on the DS measure 3-1/2" I then measured the length, from center of the ear on yoke to yoke is 44-1/2". Can someone confirm if this DS will work or not, and what the length of your factory shafts are? I guess I could use the pinion flange of my '01 which I 'think' will mate up, but the length of the DS scares me. I've read various accounts that the '03 Cobra DS's are shorter from anywhere from 1/8" to 1". I think I got screwed on this purchase. Im guessing it might be off a GT or 99/01 Cobra.

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
Driveshaft

44.5 length center to center sounds right for a T56 driveshaft. The rear yoke may have already been changed to match a non-Cobra rear. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread