To Tune or Not to Tune

Jetmech92

Established Member
Ok, I've seen all the videos and read a bunch of posts about the Livernois tune. I just got a 2010 SHO and want to add the tune but don't want to hurt the car. Is this tune solid? Also, do you have to change or gap the plugs and replace the thermostat?
Thanks,
Chuck

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
do the tune. Pull the plugs and replace them with sp534's I believe, Orielly's for $4.00. Gap at .30. Thermostat is not necessary.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have tons of pleased customers that are enjoying our tune. We have several customers who have put 100000+miles on vehicles with our tune and no troubles. Some vehicles experience spark blow out on the 93 performance tune. Depending on the vehicle, fuel and air. Closing down the gap on the spark plugs prevents this. This is a change Ford also made for 14 models. The thermostat is a stepping stone part for the hottest tunes. Not required for a base tune.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Another very solid option is Unleashed Tuning. Torrie has the best customer service by far (ask any of his customers) and will actually tweak the tune for your car instead of just being emailed a canned tune and sent on your way. Live on road datalogging is the best and safest way to tune a car. Plus his pricing is about 150 less than other tuners. He just tuned a 14 SHO that put down 360/450 whp. One run actually made 471 torque. Good luck.

BTW. Yes, it would be a good idea to change the plugs as the factory gaps are usually off. Motorcraft SP534's are made by NGK Iridium and only cost 3.99 versus 12-15 for same NGK Iridium plug. FYI

Last edited:

k4u2luz2

Established Member
I have a 2010 with the Livernois stage 4+ tune and I have just broke 93k miles. Tuned for about 70k miles and I drive the hell out of my car daily. NO ISSUES AT ALL! Buy and never look back.

k4u2luz2

Established Member
Mine went 12.94 with no other mods than the tune. As soon as the weather warms a bit I am buying down pipes and the methanol injection. Hoping to run consistent 12.2.

The car is going to hurt a lot if feelings.

It already has...last week I messed around with a 2013 Camaro SS and he got beat three times by more than three car lengths 0-100.

clc44

Established Member
Mine went 12.94 with no other mods than the tune. As soon as the weather warms a bit I am buying down pipes and the methanol injection. Hoping to run consistent 12.2.

The car is going to hurt a lot if feelings.

It already has...last week I messed around with a 2013 Camaro SS and he got beat three times by more than three car lengths 0-100.

Are you installing the DP and running the factory CB exhaust? Curious how that would sound.

Users who are viewing this thread