To tint or not to tint

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way. I have that "to each their own" mentality. After all it is your car and you pay for it, so it only makes since to do what makes you happy, however, I absolutely 100% hate tinted taillights. I can't pinpoint one specific reason, I just hate it, lol.

MyTerms

Established Member
I bought a set of painted for my first cobra (Redfire). Ended up buying another set with the reverse lights not painted for my silver cobra. Ebay seller smoked_lights. They are top notch. Very high quality.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I think tinted tails would help blend with the tinted windows, but nothing too crazy. The redfires look good subtle tint

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I swapped in tinted and put leds. The red looked good ,but I'm liking this look even more. Unfortunately I can't get the pic to load, you'll have to take my word for it.
8839313e7eb55af0bff610bdef8ed87a.jpg

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Check out any Lexus, BMW or Mercedes...... right form the factory a factory light tint. Dark tints can look a little ghetto sometimes imo. I have it on my Charger and wish it was lighter plus u can't see shit in at night.

To me it's looks the opposite. Looks like a kids car, IMO

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I vote tint, and tint the m/t letters on the tire too.
Haha. I'm not a fan of tinted tail lights, but I 10000000% agree on getting rid of the white lettering on the tires. Maybe it's just me in that I used to run around on stock ponies on my 93 with drag radials. Didn't want to let anyone think it was anything special. That was before every other car on the road ran around on them. Definitely surprised a few people back then.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I love the look but it’s not safe. First being a red car . Your brake light is same color as your red car so it’s harder for the rear person to note it for one
Second tint the tail light make number 1 even more risked

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here's another AM taillights. I feel the OEM lights are too bright red. I'm not a huge window tint fan either as I have no window tint whatsoever.
4E6086D4-525C-425A-8D72-CC7FBAB9791D.jpeg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think the tint on your set up will work. I think the tint will give it just enough contrast.

Due to heat and ultraviolet rays here I need to tint to protect my interior and help with keeping interior temps down. I do not have tint on my Roush and I removed the tint from my Vert because the previous owner put like 5% and you could not see anything during night time driving. Both cars are hardly driven and sit under a car port AND covered with car covers.

My coupe has tint as it is driven more, but it is not a dark tint.

Bottom line, with your red Cobra, black top and tinted windows, I say TINT those tailights.............

Last edited:

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I though he mean the tint the tail light . For window tint . It’s a must on any car accept old old classic car

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Also wanted to add that the tinted taillights matches the 3rd brake light better because that's naturally darker even tho it's OEM.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I though he mean the tint the tail light . For window tint . It’s a must on any car accept old old classic car

He did. The window tint came up because he mentioned he tinted his windows and others mentioned their opinion on both, windows and taillights.

But he is asking if he should tint his taillights or not.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Ah . For me leave tail light tint for sake of other able to see your tail light when you brake . If you ran into rear end . That person can say they can’t see his brake light cause Of the tint . It’s petty but they could use every possible way to get out off trouble

For window tint . 5% rear and 20% both side and mabe 60-70 for windshield . That just so clear tint . You can’t even noted it’s tint . But it does have more uv protection on top of factory windshield that already have some uv protection

Users who are viewing this thread