to sell for a terminator or not.

adams

Established Member
No way could you ever get rid of a clean Fox body like that! I had a hard time letting my 1988 GT to that was just a roller. I still can't let my D.S.S. built 306 go that I pulled out of it.

I sold it after I got my Cobra. No way I would have if it was add clean as yours.
I searched for months and found a really clean Teal '93 Cobra. It was a 2-owner 65k mile car, the second owner being an engineer who had all the original paperwork from the older couple who bought it and used it as an MCA show vehicle. It had some great driver mods ('03 Cobra brakes, mild suspension, '01 Cobra wheels, mild h/c/I) and was kept in original condition interior and exterior.
I absolutely loved driving it and the looks.
Still, it was SLOW despite decent mods.
I have currently pulled the engine/trans/EFI for a Coyote/6-speed/IRS swap.
Basically a Fox Cobra with Terminator power.
My point in this is that the Foxbody and SN95 Terminator are very close in DNA.
You will be VERY hard pressed to find a Fox coupe like yours (killer BTW, I love it), and I think you should save money and look for a special S197 car.
That said, if you can only have one Mustang, I'd say sell the coupe and go Terminator---it is definitely the pinnacle of '79-04 performance and holds that special SVT Cobra heritage.
Great coupe and good luck, tough choice!
-J
No way could you ever get rid of a clean Fox body like that! I had a hard time letting my 1988 GT to that was just a roller. I still can't let my D.S.S. built 306 go that I pulled out of it.

I sold it after I got my Cobra. No way I would have if it was add clean as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank I you very much. And yeah it’s super tough choice

adams

Established Member
I searched for months and found a really clean Teal '93 Cobra. It was a 2-owner 65k mile car, the second owner being an engineer who had all the original paperwork from the older couple who bought it and used it as an MCA show vehicle. It had some great driver mods ('03 Cobra brakes, mild suspension, '01 Cobra wheels, mild h/c/I) and was kept in original condition interior and exterior.
I absolutely loved driving it and the looks.
Still, it was SLOW despite decent mods.
I have currently pulled the engine/trans/EFI for a Coyote/6-speed/IRS swap.
Basically a Fox Cobra with Terminator power.
My point in this is that the Foxbody and SN95 Terminator are very close in DNA.
You will be VERY hard pressed to find a Fox coupe like yours (killer BTW, I love it), and I think you should save money and look for a special S197 car.
That said, if you can only have one Mustang, I'd say sell the coupe and go Terminator---it is definitely the pinnacle of '79-04 performance and holds that special SVT Cobra heritage.
Great coupe and good luck, tough choice!
-J

Yeah see I guess there’s pros and cons. The notch is super clean and hard to find. But the terminator is a better turn key car.

I’ve owned 2 s197 but they weren’t the best years (05gt and 07gt)

If I were to get that same body style I’d need a 11 to 14.

But yeah there’s a lot to decide on

adams

Established Member
here it is with the welds on it up on stands still

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 73
  • thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 99
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 111

BMSTNG

Established Member
Wow ! What a difference that looks really sharp ! I think you just answered your own question. Now figure out what you need to do to have both. GL

Users who are viewing this thread