to sell for a terminator or not.

adams

Established Member
i know this is probably a bias question here but how many people went from a fox to their cobra. and sold their fox to get their cobra.

I have been contemplating selling mine for awhile. its been a hard decision for me and im still on the fence.

its a 1991 vortech notch. i love the old school part of it and it works great. downside is dealing with all the little things such as the 30 year old electronics and the older technology.
im also a person who likes to drive my cars and i feel like thats another thing that can make me want to move onto newer technology. the fox has no cruise, manual windows and locks and no a/c although it only gets to about 85-90 degrees here for a month a year.
iv also thought about keeping the notch and getting a termi also but it can be hard to keep 2 cars going.

my main question is does anyone here regret selling their notch? what do you like about your cobra and dont like.

i know everyone will have different opinions.

thanks

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I most definitely regret selling my 89 coupe. It's the one car I wish I kept. A clean example is a lot harder to find than a Cobra these days. I say hang on to the notch.
I have a feeling you will hear otherwise in this thread though.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Maybe take your time (be picky) finding a nice Cobra, and once you do, drive both for a while and see which way your heart leans. That way you are less likely to have regrets. Or keep both. :)

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I regret selling my 93 Cobra back in 2004.

I’d keep the notch and go with a stand-alone ecu. Even the terminators are light years behind these new cars. Anything can be made fast (straight line at least) but new cars are typically faster and more comfortable while doing it.

It just depends on what you want out of a car. Sounds like you are looking for comforts and amenities. That has new(er) car written all over it. What type of creature comforts dictates how new you go. Research and test drives is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I wish I would have had garage space to keep my 93 when I got my 03. Both have a big place in my heart though. Luckily, I have a bunch of friends with fox bodies to help with that.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an 89GT that I put a lot of myself and sweat equity in the car. In 2002 I traded it in for my 380R Roush. BIGGEST MISTAKE I ever made!!! Almost, everyday, I regret making that decision. I really like the Fox body cars. I know I could get another one, but it wouldn't be mine. Mine was rare as it had the parchment interior. Not too many of those out there. So, even looking for one with that color interior is next to impossible.

I missed it so much I would do searches for it from time to time. I actually found it and it was not pretty.............

What it looked like when I traded it in....
89GT in Germany.jpg

What it looked like when I did a VIN search and found it online.................
Wrecked.JPG

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe take your time (be picky) finding a nice Cobra, and once you do, drive both for a while and see which way your heart leans. That way you are less likely to have regrets. Or keep both. :)
This is good advice if you can afford it. If you are a guy that keeps a car for a long time don't make a mistake it you can avoid it. I have both and I can tell you that they are very different cars.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I would hold onto your coupe, if you're dead set on getting a cobra wait till you have the opportunity/means to keep both. I used to have a white 92 lx coupe, black interior. I didn't sell it but was involved in a accident and totaled the car, one of the cars I miss having the most.

adams

Established Member
What color and how much you want for your coupe?

Hard to say. It is in super good shape. Terminator 5 lug, tko 600, 306 with vortech v1.

It’s emerald green coupe. Made 492whp and 460tq

It would have to be in the 14,000usd range to even think of selling

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
thanks. its been a dilemma for me on what to do

Trust me. As someone who has went through what you're experiencing. You WILL regret getting rid of that car in the long run. Especially if it has been a dilemma as you mention. If you have any doubt you will regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread