To remove the resonators? Or no?

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
I have a '14 GT with lethal o/r x and SLP axle back. I just got the Lund cam tune and idle soubds great but I feel like it needs more "umph" by hearing the lope more, so I'm debating having the resonators deleted....thoughts? Anyone else done this?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Did on my 12. With the x and open design muffler , it will be loud.
I left them on my 13 with the same mufflers(first design steeda) and it sounds great. With no drone.

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
Did you guys buy a delete kit? Thinking of just hitting the muffler shop in am and having him cut out and weld in some pieces

GT915

Established Member
I checked 3 local muffler shops and none of them had 2.75 inch pipe in stainless, only aluminized. I didn't want to deal with that so I bought some jpc over axle pipes from another member hear and am glad I did.

Polodinks

Established Member
I did it on my boss 302 lethal off road x to flowmaster 40s it made it a little louder
And it also took some drone away I know sounds crazy sounds amazing with a cam tune

Baysixx

Established Member
It will backfire a lot. My buddy had no resonators off road x and muffler deletes it sounded like poop.

momogt

Established Member
I did it but I added summit 3inch glass packs in place of them really clean up the sound only paid 55.00 for 2

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Removing the resonators will depend on what mufflers you have, and how you like your exhaust to sound.

I had stock resonators still in my car after I deleted my cats with my GT500 mufflers, and the sound was okay, but really metallic and popped a lot. I install 3" Dynomax race bullet mufflers, and now it sounds great.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Stock headers, cats deletes, resonators removed and stock mufflers sounds good as well...

Long tubes, H-pipe no cats, resonators removed and stock mufflers sounds good as well...

not like Long tubes, H-pipe no cats, 3'' over axel pipes and pype bombs. but it sounds good.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
You're running SLP's and an O/R X……and want louder??? You are a better man then me my friend lol. I ditched my SLP's because I want an O/R mid pipe and knew I was getting LT's soon.

Any sound clips as is? I always wondered how loud it would have been. Almost no one running this combo…hence the lack of vids of it on youtube.

Last edited:

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
You're running SLP's and an O/R X……and want louder??? You are a better man then me my friend lol. I ditched my SLP's because I want an O/R mid pipe and knew I was getting LT's soon.

Any sound clips as is? I always wondered how loud it would have been. Almost no one running this combo…hence the lack of vids of it on youtube.

Lol, really just want a louder idle.

Will post up today

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I had the shop weld on 3" pipes in place of the resonators.

I did the same. Now its 3" all the way through except the over the axle pipes. Before the turbos it was loud, but that is what i was looking for. I know Im in the minority but I like the drone so I was cool with the added sound to the drone that was present already. Now its toned down due to the snails but still has a good sound. I say go for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread