To ones who are using 2013 injectors

Poppacapp

Established Member
Question for the ones who have went with 2013 injectors.

I contacted Tousley concerning the injectors and if they were in sets of 8 flow matched, or single units. They replied that they would be single units off the shelf. The price obviously is unbeatable at 22.00/ea, but my concern is if the injectors should be ok and within the 1% flow match threshhold? Has anyone had any issues with them?

Also would like to know what kind of power people are pushing safely with them on pre-13 cars. I currently have stock maf(pegged, jlt on order), and stock injectors on my 2012. I am at 670/671tq sae currently. I dont plan on going too far above 750rwhp on stock bottom end.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Question for the ones who have went with 2013 injectors.

I contacted Tousley concerning the injectors and if they were in sets of 8 flow matched, or single units. They replied that they would be single units off the shelf. The price obviously is unbeatable at 22.00/ea, but my concern is if the injectors should be ok and within the 1% flow match threshhold? Has anyone had any issues with them?

Also would like to know what kind of power people are pushing safely with them on pre-13 cars. I currently have stock maf(pegged, jlt on order), and stock injectors on my 2012. I am at 670/671tq sae currently. I dont plan on going too far above 750rwhp on stock bottom end.

Ford doesn't flow match them for the '13/14 production cars, but their spec/tolerance is pretty tight, so I would take a guess at them being where they need to be.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I plan on going the same route and from what I've gathered on vmp's posts under 20psi on a tvs and 700 whp it should be fine. Above that and we would need bigger injectors or a bap, I would rather stick with bigger injectors and call it a day. I'm hoping with my tvs swap and 2.4 pulley I can get away with the 13 injectors, after data logging if I need more room I'll go with the 72lb.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I just put a set in my 11 with the mods that are in my sig. No issues so far, and car is running great. My tuner(VMP) stated I was good at stock but going to the 13's were a good ideal to give me the extra room up top.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Ford doesn't flow match them for the '13/14 production cars, but their spec/tolerance is pretty tight, so I would take a guess at them being where they need to be.

Ok, thanks.

I plan on going the same route and from what I've gathered on vmp's posts under 20psi on a tvs and 700 whp it should be fine. Above that and we would need bigger injectors or a bap, I would rather stick with bigger injectors and call it a day. I'm hoping with my tvs swap and 2.4 pulley I can get away with the 13 injectors, after data logging if I need more room I'll go with the 72lb.

I would hope they could be good for more than 700, based on 13s getting 700+. I am currently running stock injectors with tvs @ 18psi

I just put a set in my 11 with the mods that are in my sig. No issues so far, and car is running great. My tuner(VMP) stated I was good at stock but going to the 13's were a good ideal to give me the extra room up top.

Thanks for the info. I am debating the 72s or these. Looking at the modified stockers that flow 72. Not a bad price but there is turnaround time by having to ship them my stockers before they ship theirs.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I believe the 13s stock fuel system is a little better than on our cars, for 700+ I would just go with some 72lb one's. I'm shooting for the 650-680 with near identical mods as ninjak so that's why I'm trying the 13s first.

Venom07

Established Member
I just installed a 2014 tvs with 10% lower and made 20.5lbs of boost. Used a jms fuel max booster and 13 injectors and was only using 75% duty cycle on pumps and injectors. Car made 633 on mustang dyno on 15 deg timing then up to 17 deg on top end. So still have plenty left when I put longtubes.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I believe the 13s stock fuel system is a little better than on our cars, for 700+ I would just go with some 72lb one's. I'm shooting for the 650-680 with near identical mods as ninjak so that's why I'm trying the 13s first.

Wondering what fuel pumps the 13's use compared to the 12's. 650-680 should be semi-ok with the stock injectors on 11-12's, but 13's would give some extra headroom. My next mods will be 10% lower, and long tube headers, so hopefully the 13's will carry me through those mods.

I just installed a 2014 tvs with 10% lower and made 20.5lbs of boost. Used a jms fuel max booster and 13 injectors and was only using 75% duty cycle on pumps and injectors. Car made 633 on mustang dyno on 15 deg timing then up to 17 deg on top end. So still have plenty left when I put longtubes.

What year is your car? I am not a fan of the boost-a-pumps, or setups like that... you are pretty much trusting a Fuse to not blow and grenade your motor. If I do anything with my fuel pumps, it will be larger units.

Venom07

Established Member
Car is an 07, but if you think about it, your always going to rely on something to make things work. My intercooler pump went out during a run so things will fail at some point especially if your running them hard like we do. If you do go with bigger pumps, might as well switch to E85 and be done with it if it's available to you where you live. You may not be a big fan of boost a pumps but many of us here are using them without any issues.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
I am using them also with no issues. I got them from Cody at Stang-hi in Baton Rouge. I am not sure if they were flow matched or not, but he said they were individually flowed. Either way, they have been great so far ... best my car has ever ran. I am at 640/644.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Just a fyi....I run 13 injectors..stock pumps and dual vmp BAP's making damn near 800rwhp.

Best mph to date was this past monday 137.68mph @ 3900 lbs that's 790 rwhp on my street tune. NEVER have I popped a fuse to either bap....a fuel pump is a electrical part also...they can crap out at any time as well. I trust my baps just like I trust my injectors and pumps.

Last edited:

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I am running them and the rest is stock fuel system. #'s are in sig and i plan on going with long tubes this winter. My tuner said i still had plenty of room.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I am running them and the rest is stock fuel system. #'s are in sig and i plan on going with long tubes this winter. My tuner said i still had plenty of room.

Thanks for the info!

How much boost and timing you running? ^^^^

I am at 18psi right now on stock injectors.. timing... well.... aggressive.... 20's.

@717, I would assume he has a lower pulley running 20-21psi.

Steve@Tasca

Just a quick FYI, with the "SVTP" coupon we're currently running we can do the 2013 GT500 injectors for $169.00 for the set of eight.

Should be the lowest price you'll find :)

-Steve

Poppacapp

Established Member
Just a quick FYI, with the "SVTP" coupon we're currently running we can do the 2013 GT500 injectors for $169.00 for the set of eight.

Should be the lowest price you'll find :)

-Steve

Thats a great price. After thinking some more though, I may go with the 72lbs and not have to worry about another upgrade on them in the near future.

fullboogie

Established Member
^^^ I've got a set of primo, low mileage 72's for sale. PM me and let's make a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread