TO METH OR not to METH OR RACE GAS?

cobra707

Established Member
I have an 01 cobra with a built 2004 5.1 stroker motor( why I posted here) with cams porter heads built bottom end etc. It has a V1 s trim on it now made 640rwhp 14psi. I plan on wanting to run around 17-18psi upgrade to a ys or a T-trim. I own several other vehicles so this is not a daily by any means.

What is a draw back or side effect if any to running a meth kit opposed to tuning and running the car with a pump gas race gas mix? Would the methanol make more power with out the advancing timing because its cooling the air? The car has the vortec after cooler also. I do not need every little bit a power just want to be as safe as I can make it Any advise is very appreciated:beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
the way i see it is meth injection is an alternative to having to run race gas full time.

however, depending on how hard you are on the car, you might burn through a tank of the solution rather quickly, and the stuff isnt cheap. My buddy uses it on his Talon and buys a case or two of HEET or whatever the hell he uses a month, it would be more beneficial to him to just run race gas, but availability of 100oct or above is sparse and its his DD.

hopefully this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread