To keep modding 14 5.0 or ...

ziggity

Established Member
The last couple years I got into drag racing and I want to keep going and go faster but not sure what to do. As of now my car ( 14 5.0 mt82 ) has a tune, xpipe and with DRs ran a 11.9 @ 115. I dont really drive it fast on the street or do any street racing and the track is deff where I enjoy it the most. Im pretty much stuck between just getting a supercharger kit ( TVS or V3 ) or just going out and buying a foxbody for the strip only. Im looking at one now with a 355, turbo 400 9in rearend transbrake etc for 5500-6000 that runs 11.3 - 11.5 ( goal would be to run 10s eventually ). It would be more consistent for bracket racing and if something breaks I wouldnt really care as much as if my 14 breaks, I only get to drive it 6 months a year and am still paying for it so, and foxbody parts are pretty cheap. A TVS Kit right now would probably run me 10k with the weak canadian dollar, for that I could have the fox bought , running 10s and buy a small car hauler probably. Even though id rather race my 14 i feel like it would just make more sense to go with the fox since i dont have unlimited funds. Just thought id get some opinions before i decide on what route im going to go.

evil281

Established Member
I would go with a foxbody if its track only.

Heck I am going to supercharge my 13' and will still probably end up with a turbo notchback at some point to have along with the 13'. I love the fox body.

ziggity

Established Member
Yeah whats what im leaning towards, the fox already has alot done to it too which would save me alot over finding something stock and building it.

Users who are viewing this thread