TO GUT OR NOT TO GUT????

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Hey guys, Im sure you've seen this question a thousand times, but I need your help. My wife got me a certificate for a exhaust syst. for my 98 COBRA. Some folks say, just put on the mufflers only, others say do the catback syst, but gut the CATS. My questions are:

1) Should I just put on the mufflers and leave the stk pipes?,and
if so, wht muffler?

2) Should I gut the CATS, and put 2 1/2 pipes? again w/ what muffler?

Don't anticipate doing much to the car at this time, except maybe a CAI @ a later time. 1998 COBRA completely stock; 22000 miles on it. Im looking for that real nice low throaty sound only a Cobra can make. Thanks in advance.....

Javi :coolman:

NoRcAl CoBrA

Established Member
get a off road x pipe keep the stock pipes for smog bassani sounds nice but remember you drive a cobra with imrc's which mean you dont have much torque down low by guttin cats and or a off road x mean you will lose some torque down low but you will get that nice sound but get some more hp ...

USMCracing

Established Member
MagnaFlow sounds really good too. The Bassani has a bad ass sound too. You can never go wrong with a set of Flowmasters but then you'll sound like every Mustang in town. Good Luck

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Hmmm......No ones mentioned BORLA. I few guys here think, that for sound BORLA is the way to go. Wish there was a sound site, where I could hear the diffent mufflers lol. Thanks for the input guys

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
BLK96SVT.....AWESOME!!!! Thanks for your help...didnt know that site even existed. Ask and I shall receive lol Thanks again

Javi

USMCracing

Established Member
Yeah thats a cool site it helped me decided which catback to get. Lots of set ups there to pick from. Some of them don't sound right due to poor recordings.

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Ok....just came from the Muffler shop and the tech says my car already has 2 1/2 pipes. That all I need is the mufflers and H or X pipe, if I want it. Is this true? Do I already have 2 1/2 pipes? Thought it was 2 1/4

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Sorry guys...just one more Question. Is the Cobra stock pipes 2 1/2 or 2 1/4? thank you all in advance.

Javi

blackfang

Established Member
I like my Mac o/r h pipe and Magnaflow exhaust. Nice, deep and throaty, and loud as hell at wot.

Users who are viewing this thread