To get to 300rwhp

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Just wanted some insight just recently started modding the 01 bullitt. it has h-pipe and flows as of right now. I want to get to 300 rwhp i am planning on keeping it2v and will be getting long-tubes by the fall. Just wanted some help and what worked for attain 300+ and also what gear 4.10 or 430. i looked at Anderson cams and trick-flow head package, just to get an idea. Any help will be greatly appreciated :bowdown:

clc44

Established Member
I almost bought a 2V that made 296 RWHP. It had full exhaust, stage1/2 cams (can't remember) and other basic bolt ons. No head work though. Get LT's, remove cats (if you have them), a good CB (not flows),TB, JLT RAI, UDP's and a decent size cam. That should get you there. Make sure the combo works together though. You can find used parts cheap. So keep your eye out.

BTW I'd probably go 4.10's in a 2V. 4.30's in 4V.

gtstang1219

Established Member
I made just over 300 on my GT with pulleys, longtubes, off road x-pipe, magnaflow magnapacks, BBK TB, cold air intake, 4.10's (you wont see hp improvement but it makes a heck of a difference) and Bullet cams.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Neighbor has a 01 bullitt. Has every single bolt on and electical charging performance part along with 4.10 gears. His final dyno hp number was 281rwhp TUNED. Add cams and he would probably be at the 300 mark.

300rwhp on a 2v is highly unlikely without one of the following heads/cams, nitrous, or blower. I have tried personally on a 2002 gt to reach 300rwhp and as you can see my neighbor has tried on his bullitt.

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
My old bullitt made 277/288 std 5 with the following,

dense charger
bbk l/t o/r x
mac c/b
pulleys
comp cams 270AH
tune.

I don't see how you are going to hit 300 with basic bolt ons. That's more along the lines of a Mach1. Anyone who says that they are doing it I'd suspect. Most basic bolt on 2vs will made 260s 270s before head or cam work.

This was also years ago and I was choosing my mods talking with Tim Barth also. Depending on your application I will make a couple of suggestions. Do you care about tq at all or just hp?

Rudders331cobra

Established Member

dense charger
bbk l/t o/r x
mac c/b
pulleys
comp cams 270AH
tune.

I don't see how you are going to hit 300 with basic bolt ons. That's more along the lines of a Mach1. Anyone who says that they are doing it I'd suspect. Most basic bolt on 2vs will made 260s 270s before head or cam work.

This was also years ago and I was choosing my mods talking with Tim Barth also. Depending on your application I will make a couple of suggestions. Do you care about tq at all or just hp?

I would really like to keep the Tq. I have looked at trick flows recently and a set of anderson cams, them i will probably put a charger on there. i wll definatley look into.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member

dense charger
bbk l/t o/r x
mac c/b
pulleys
comp cams 270AH
tune.

Go with a MHS stage 2 heads/cam package and you're golden.

Thanks man. just trying to get ballrolling i want o do heads cam an dlower. just wanted to see if i can attain some good number N/A first but boost is in teh forcats. nice numbers by the way . Might have to hit MMr up.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Go with a MHS stage 2 heads/cam package and you're golden.

I would probably say this. With a stg 2 cam you will lose a little more tq, but you will gain a little more hp up top. Unless you are going all out, I might even go with more than a stg 2 head port job. You could lose velocity that way, but you can run a smaller cam. When I was making a cam selection for my old terminator, I was talking with Jim at livernois and he had some interesting things to say about head/cam selection.

Essentially what he told me is that they have found that large cams are just a crutch for heads that don't flow very well. So if you can get a head that flows really well and use a smaller cam you will still make good power without sacrificing tq. I ended up doing an mmr stg 3 port with Ford GT cams and the car made 507 with a 2.8 upper only. Not bad numbers because boost droped to 12.5 nominal over the previous 15.

I'd get the bullitt intake ported also if I were you.

SVT GT

Established Member
With no power adder or heads....Stage two cams, all the engine bolt ons, full exhaust (LT, xpipe, and cat back), aluminum driveshaft and a custom tune will get you to 300rwh. Look to modular depot, they have a ton of information on that site about this. You are asking on a SVT site which you will only get mostly skepticism and thoughts. Modular depot is pretty much a dead site, to bad it was great, but still has a ton of good information on 2V's. Do a few searches over there you may find the answer to your question.

RichM1983

Established Member
Make sure you keep in mind that if you do all of this its a waste because 400-450 is all the 2v bottom can handle. So if your not getting into the bottom your wasting money on H/C and blower because your wasting its potential with the stock bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread