To Dually or not to Dually: that is the question.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Sometimes here in CA I find myself cursing why I brought the truck to our destination but the kids like the truck better than the wife’s Accord. Sometimes cranking my turns out I imagine it being a DRW and it physically wouldn’t fit. Drive thru’s aren’t very friendly either. I have the same truck setup as you but probably worse as it’s a non bullet proofed 6-O (Insert rolling dice gif if I knew how too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I got you fam
giphy.gif

Specifically for the 6.0:
giphy.gif

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No way in hell would I DD a dually unless it was hooked to a trailer all the time. Parking at work is tight enough for my F150 that I have to do a 3 point turn to get in and out of my spot.

Be realistic on what camper you would really buy and plan for that and if your even going to keep the truck long enough to tow the camper or if you will upgrade again before you get the camper.
Parking's not an issue for me at work. Thankfully most of Phoenix and Metro area isnt narrow street wise. Doesnt take long to get out to the desert.

As for the truck, this is my last planned vehicle purchase for at least 20 years. A 6.7 Powerstroke Super Duty fits the bill: Rugged, dependable, durable when properly maintained, enough power stock that Ill never need to think of modifying it. An owner over on Ford-trucks.com has a 2017 thats got 420,000 miles. Had a high pressure fuel pump issue once and some other minor issue. Tows most of its running time. Its not the only instance Ive heard of these current Super Duties displaying incredible ruggedness and reliability.

Researched the shit out of the axles last night. The 250 still comes with the Sterling 10.5. Not a bad axle, but not the strongest. 2017+ F350 SRW come with the Dana M275 with a 10.8" Ring gear. By all rights a stronger axle than the 10.5. The F350 DRW comes with the Dana M300 with a monster 11.8" ring gear. I cant imagine that M300 having an issue with durability. Its nearly the same rear end in the F450. The 450 has 41 spline axle shafts, vs the 350 DRW with 37.

As for the RV, I think if I pick the correct truck it wont matter what size it is.

Users who are viewing this thread