To drop-in, or not?

nugen

Established Member
I recently had a pretty spirited conversation on the SHO fcebook group about using the oiled cotton drop in air filter on an otherwise unmodified car. After some independent research, I was satisfied that if your SHO is stock, the paper filters are better. There is no hp gain in changing to the cotton filter, but there is a significant loss in filtration. Once you start modding I think this changes depending on the mods. Thoughts?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

SVT Rob

Established Member
I've got a dry reusable drop-in filter from AEM on my '14. I've been pretty happy with it, because I've kept it relatively stock. It's the wifes daily, after all :D

2014 Non-PP SHO
AEM Drop-in filter (dry)
3-bar MAP sensor
Unleashed 93-octane 3-bar map tune
BOV vent-to-atmosphere mod
20x9" Mustang Foundry wheels w/ Nitto 555 G2 275/35ZR20 tires
5% window tint
Lamin-X gunsmoke headlight and taillight film
19250503_1604484349583915_3170900406729764271_o.jpg

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Car looks very nice.
Do yourself a favor, the car sits with the ass is like 1.5 inches taller than the front. Take out the rear coils, and cut half a coil off, not more. It will sit even and be perfect. Zero issues. Same ride, even alignment should still be in spec.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Car looks very nice.
Do yourself a favor, the car sits with the ass is like 1.5 inches taller than the front. Take out the rear coils, and cut half a coil off, not more. It will sit even and be perfect. Zero issues. Same ride, even alignment should still be in spec.

Wife already complains that it's "too low" LOL. She'd prefer a truck with the same amenities. I plan on getting her a truck in a couple of years, and I'll take the SHO as a daily (parking the Mustang for awhile). When that happens, I'll probably do more to it.

Users who are viewing this thread