To Buy...or Not to Buy

cardinales15

Established Member
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the Cobra I found today.

1994 Cobra
109,000 original miles
White with Black Cloth Int.
Bone Stock
Needs rear tires
Has a cracked windshield

He says it is in great shape (haven't seen pics yet) and it runs great.

The guy was asking $4950 for it a month ago. I had a time setup that I could go look at the car. He called me a day early and said it won't start and he thought it was the fuel pump.

Today he is asking $5800 for it. So I guess he expects the buyer to pay for whatever he did to get the car running.

What do you think this car is worth assuming it is a 7 to 8/10 all around.

Initially I was going to offer him $4750. I feel I should be able to offer him the same this time around. I shouldn't have to pay to fix the car.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the Cobra I found today.

1994 Cobra
109,000 original miles
White with Black Cloth Int.
Bone Stock
Needs rear tires
Has a cracked windshield

He says it is in great shape (haven't seen pics yet) and it runs great.

The guy was asking $4950 for it a month ago. I had a time setup that I could go look at the car. He called me a day early and said it won't start and he thought it was the fuel pump.

Today he is asking $5800 for it. So I guess he expects the buyer to pay for whatever he did to get the car running.

What do you think this car is worth assuming it is a 7 to 8/10 all around.

Initially I was going to offer him $4750. I feel I should be able to offer him the same this time around. I shouldn't have to pay to fix the car.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

If its it good shape, I would pay 5 for it, but not much more

skate47e

Established Member
I have a 95 cobra thats white with black cloth interior with 100,XXX on it and a crached windsheild. Stock, basically the same for 4 grand.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have a 95 cobra thats white with black cloth interior with 100,XXX on it and a crached windsheild. Stock, basically the same for 4 grand.

for that price I would consider buying it just for a spare... why so cheap :shrug:

chris1badL

Established Member
I got a 95 cobra with some mods. It has new interior and 18" saleens with new tires that I will be asking $4800 for it. Has 155k on the body and 53k on the freshed up motor. It is in need of a paint job though. Might give you an idea.

mark23svt

Established Member
I also think 5 should be the most u pay but,who knows I saw a gt go for 5400 the other time.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
paid $2500 for mine. 187k miles and theres nothing wrong with it.

Lucky bastard.............$7750 for my '95 Cobra 5 or 6 years ago with 93k miles. $7500 for my '96 Mystic Cobra a little over 2 years ago with 143k miles. The '95 wouldn't pass the VA state safety inspection and started overheating plus blew the clutch two weeks after I bought it. The Mystic had a damaged front suspension and a lot of damage to the paint before I bought it but hey........its a Mystic.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
$2500 is a good deal. i'd buy it and drive it until it fell apart. to the op, the guy was wanting less for the car before it broke and now he's wanting more, who knows if the problem is really fixed or he could have just rigged it up.

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member

Thanks

If it don't start, who know what the issue is, engine might be blown. If the Engine does run ok, 4k is the most I would pay.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
wave cash in front of his face. the guy i bought my cobra off of wanted $4k for it. but im a good negotiator :)

Users who are viewing this thread