to buy or not to buy ? (vid inside)

OHthreecobra

Gigady Gigady Goo !!
Established Member
Looking for opinions here, and i'm going to apologize for the crappy iphone video right off the bat. Quick story... Helped my old roommate (Joe) build this fox minus the body and paint right out of high school in PA, took about a year and a half to complete. Fast forward 5 years later, I have moved to AZ and he has moved to Baton Rogue, the car is still in his parents garage in PA and hasn't been inspected since 9/2006. I was just home for the holidays and took this vid yesterday. His dad said it hasn't been moved or started for ATLEAST 2 years. Reconnected the battery and it fired up, died, then started right back up second try and ran great… pulled it out of its cave and took a idle and rev video.

Joe and I assembled a 347 using C.H.P. stroker kit, with local machine work (Reiders Auto in Reading, Pa for the locals reading)
Trick flow H/C/I, forget the size of the cam, or the heads…
motorsport valve covers
Canton 7 qt pan with windage tray
new oil pump, chain, gears all the goods
FRPP 42 lb injectors
MAF, throttle body, adj. FPR
Black magic electric fan
equal length headers
high flow cats
3" summit cat back system with flowmasters
upper, lower control arms
Eibach springs
reinforced torque boxes
5 lug conversion
rear disc brake conversion
3:73's
alum. D/S with loop
king cobra clutch, cable, adjuster, and quad.
Corbeau race seats barely installed
rear seat delete
black carpet not installed
4 point cage not installed
no radio
no door panels
no moon roof
entire interior needs wired, only interior thats there is dash, cluster, and column :bash:
The entire car has been repainted a unknown but actually really pretty metallic green with a the absolute wrong wheels installed IMHO
Cervini's cobra body kit wit the exception of the front bumper sides that were painted later and never installed.
New windshield and 1/4 windows
and tint
The car literally has a documented 1500 miles since build

They want only $7000 for the entire car along with some parts that aren't installed

But i'd have to ship to AZ

or I found a mint black/grey vinyl 93 cobra with 57k miles for $11,500 with cat back only clean title in AZ

kind of torn, should this even be a question ?? and just buy my buddies car with most of the "big ticket" mods already installed or would you guys jump on the cobra for they are becoming more rare and hasn't been dismantled or messed with??

Looking at you guys that had fox's, who let them go and regret every second of it, cause thats where I'm at :bored:

th_IMG_1351.jpg

Thanks for looking :pop:

WildFifty

Established Member
looks good and sounds great. i don't see it seeling for 7k tho. if the price of terminators has gone down recently i can only image how hard the foxbody got hit.

OHthreecobra

Gigady Gigady Goo !!
Established Member
true. again, wishing I would have never sold my DSG. I'm just considering all the mods that are practically brand new... just not in the market to drop another 20k on a 03/04

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
looks good and sounds great. i don't see it seeling for 7k tho. if the price of terminators has gone down recently i can only image how hard the foxbody got hit.

from what Ive seen, it didnt take as big of a hit- a clean, not rusted out fox isnt far off what it was 5 years ago.

OP, I would try to get that one back- maybe offer them 5.5 since you ahve to ship it

Users who are viewing this thread