To Be Able To Shift again...last try..please help

silvercoffin

Established Member
Just bought a house so going back into the shop in March is going to have to wait until at least June or the fall when I am sure I have the money.. I was going to go in and put the stock clutch and flywheel back in. I already have the firewall adjuster, LDC Kit, Steeda quick release quadrant, pro 5.0 shifter and a new stock cable.

I also bought a new trans from RPM and I still have the same shifting issues...even worse.. The car shifts sloppy on the street and I cant get down the 1/4 mile anymore unless I granny shift.

I just read somewhere that removing the rubber boot on the cable at the fork can cure some shifting problems. Has anyone experienced this? I guess its worth a try.

The only other thing I think i notice is that the fork gets bound up somehow when its in a position more inside the inspection cover it wont move back and forth.. Im still wondering if a new fork might be the whole problem.

I was going to go to Wicked Motorsports here in NJ with a stock clutch and if they couldnt find anything wrong with the current spec set up I was going to ask them to install a new FMS clutch and flywheel.

Any new IDEAs? things I could try myself until I have money to get it checked out again?????

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I've read your issues and sypathize lol! Try a new pivot ball and fork. May be a cheap thing to try. Very possible that the clip or the pivot ball aren't holding and binding you up from full throw. Good luck man!

Users who are viewing this thread