To all with offroad exhaust

mineral03

Established Member
To all you here that are running off road exhaust... have you ahd any problems with your checke engine light coming on since?? I put on the BBK longtubes and offroad, and my check engine light keeps coming back on. Ive got the MIL eliminators, but to no avail. I hooked my scan tool up, and found my right rear 02 sensor isnt reading at all... not sure if theres something wront with my MIL elim or what. I noticed when i put them on, the rr sensor is a different color(purple i htink), whereas the LR is blue. I also noticed the lugs to center the MIL were different on the right side... what brand MIL's are all you using?? Are yours different between the two sides?? Im thinkin maybe my MIL's are incorrect for the 03's, but just wanted to run it by all you guys... thanks

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
what exactly are "mils" for... I just had my off road X-pipe put on, I have all the 02 sensors in the piping, do I need these? i thought I did only if I did't have the 02's in the pipes, my pipes came with 02 bungs, no check light yet...

Tundra

Established Member
No check engine lights for you buddy.

what you need is an "Oh :cuss:!" light.

Last edited:

mineral03

Established Member
Originally posted by 00yellowr
what exactly are "mils" for... I just had my off road X-pipe put on, I have all the 02 sensors in the piping, do I need these? i thought I did only if I did't have the 02's in the pipes, my pipes came with 02 bungs, no check light yet...
Mine took about 200 miles before the light came on, it doesnt happen right away. The 02 sensor plugs into the MIL, then the MIL plugs into the car wiring. Its kinda weird how these work sometimes. Ive known people that never run MIL's, and have never had a theyre light come on. Others the MIL's fix the light... and others dont do anything (light keeps coming on). i dont know why that is...

46stang

Established Member
the best way to keep the light out is to just get a chip! they can turn off the two rear o2 sensors! Thats what i did and no problems! Plus your car will make more hp with a chip:D I've heard too many people say mil elim. didn't work for them!

00yellowr: mil= Malfunction Indicator Lamp eliminators, they are supposed to fool the pcm into thinking your cats are still on the car and working! sometimes they work, sometimes they don't!jmho.
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread