TO ALL TUNERS!!!

foofurxl

Established Member
Hi !
Whats up my name is james just got a 2002 Lightning black.
I would like to get in the low 12 maybe 11s but i want a safe reliable daily driver ! I am going to purchsase all of this soon. so which tuner should i go through ? Oh and i would like to do most of the work my self, i have a very large selection of tools, ( my neighbor has a nice porsche that he works on) but if i have to use a mechanic for some parts i would like to know of any round the tampa area, although i live in tarpon springs.

So should i go with jdm ? psp? are there any other good tuners ?
Should i just run pully and other mods ? or other mods and nitrous? or nitrous with added boost ? i dunno ! but my lightning needs to be faster ! thanks !
James
[email protected]

TIAMAT

Established Member
JDM for the pully. JDM for thr chip. JDM for the line mod. JDM for the boost bypass. And ummmmmmmm, let's see, ummmmm JDM for the tuning!!!!

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Adam: That's not necessarily true......some have put in cages that allow for full use of the stock seats and belts, etc. Granted, it's a little tricky but possible:p .

Dan

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
Adam: That's not necessarily true......some have put in cages that allow for full use of the stock seats and belts, etc. Granted, it's a little tricky but possible:p .

Dan

I know that, but it still limits the room and does obstruct some visibility. I have seen them, but wouldnt do one myself.

wilEcoyotE

Established Member
11 sec daily driver......

The problem is not with the statement - several tuner cars out there can easily run in the 11's and be great daily drivers - fox body stang's w/all the right mods or s/c'ed; my own grand national with about 2500 in mods or even less if you buy used parts; markIV supra TT (and the markIII to a lesser degree); should I go on..... You only need the cage if you run it on the track. A guy in my neighborhood has an 11 sec 92 LX stang that is a true sleeper, I know, I've raced him! I am looking at a supra right now with an integrated cage that you can step in/out of without a swinging bar - course in a L that would be much more difficult unless you dropped her about 4" or more all around!! Wait til this guy finds out how much it will cost to get his L to do mid 12's, then go buy/install the NOS!!! Good luck I say - just buy a high miles grand national like I did and go race that bad boy.....or something similar..........stevet :rolling:

foofurxl

Established Member
ahhh ok, jeez no more flames =) ill just shoot for 12 then,
thanks, i guess

Users who are viewing this thread